when will mac specific video tutorials show up?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 45
Jason York | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 26 2010 6:58 PM

I am aware that the video tutorials for the pc are similar to the mac and should translate well for mac users, but as a mac user I would still highly prefer videos that actually use the mac software in order to teach or demonstrate features. 

I don't remember when or which blog it was, but at some point someone, I think one of the developers, had mentioned that eventually mac specific videos would arrive. My question is when will this happen? I realize everyone is hard at work progressing through beta testing, so I would understand if videos will come after beta testing, but I would like to know a clear answer so that I won't have to wait without knowing or keep asking. 

There are literally zero mac videos for logos 4 mac out there (except a video on how to post logs for issues), so even if the developers aren't ready to make any demo videos I would love it if someone else, that is more familiar with the software and features than I am, could make a video and post it. I would love a fifteen or so minute video of the key features. 

There are lots of people out there that are new to logos and are mac users, like me, that would love a decent overview of the key features without having to poke around to figure out how the software works. Yes

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 8:00 PM

Jason York:
There are literally zero mac videos for logos 4 mac out there (except a video on how to post logs for issues), so even if the developers aren't ready to make any demo videos I would love it if someone else, that is more familiar with the software and features than I am, could make a video and post it. I would love a fifteen or so minute video of the key features. 
I don't have any official response.  However, I am personally planning on doing a short series on how I use the software for my sermon and teaching preparation.  I am sure other users will do the same.  Again, I have no insight regarding the official training videos though.

Blessings

PS

I made the other video about bug reporting last year before I started working for Logos... it has come in handy Big Smile

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 5622
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 8:08 PM

Are there differences between the two versions that prevent the current videos being suitable for Mac users?  I assumed that the functionality was the same, and that Logos would be saving development efforts by one producing one set of training/documentation.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 45
Jason York | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 8:09 PM

you have been such an asset to the blog that I think you would be perfect for a series of videos. I know logos probably won't create videos for demoing real life workflow for the software anyway, so even once logos does make feature explanation videos your videos will still be quite helpful. 

thanks for your quick reply so that my post didn't get buried under newer posts. 

I look forward to your video series. 

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 9:21 AM

Many of the visual elements of the Mac product are far from complete, which means that any videos we produced now would soon become obsolete. When the visuals are done, we'll begin work on videos.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 9:26 AM

Joe Miller:

I don't have any official response.  However, I am personally planning on doing a short series on how I use the software for my sermon and teaching preparation.  I am sure other users will do the same.  Again, I have no insight regarding the official training videos though.

Blessings

PS

I made the other video about bug reporting last year before I started working for Logos... it has come in handy Big Smile

This would be awesome!

Posts 45
Jason York | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 11:09 AM

Todd Phillips:

Are there differences between the two versions that prevent the current videos being suitable for Mac users?  I assumed that the functionality was the same, and that Logos would be saving development efforts by one producing one set of training/documentation.

The current logos videos do give an overview of various features that can be translated over for a mac user, although not perfectly, but if logos never made mac specific videos it would make us feel like the mac department was an afterthought , like we weren't important enough to have our own videos. The good news is that we are not an afterthought and that is why they will be making mac specific videos once the UI is completed. (thanks David Mitchell for that info) 

Didn't we all leave windows hoping we wouldn't have to stare at the not as pretty PC user interface? Who wants to watch demo videos for the mac that are PC based even if the functionality of the software is similar? 

Thank you mac developers for making us feel special by planning mac specific videos ! ! ! Wink

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 12:41 PM

Joe Miller:
I made the other video about bug reporting last year ... it has come in handy

Joe

That has to be the understatement of the year!

If you had received a royalty fee for every reference in the forum to that video, you would be able to buy the company! Wink

That video was my first port of call when I first started using Logos 4 Mac. And I've looked back from time to time, when I've needed a refresher.

Thanks.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 2:46 PM

David Mitchell:
Many of the visual elements of the Mac product are far from complete

How fun! Does this mean there's more development of the interface to look forward to? I assumed that the Beta phase would be mainly about optimisation ...

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 2:47 PM

Jason York:
Thank you mac developers for making us feel special by planning mac specific videos ! ! !

I feel special enough just having a Mac version of L4!

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 2:52 PM

Stephen Ashton:
Does this mean there's more development of the interface to look forward to?

It's mainly a matter of tweaking and refining what is already there. The graphic designer for the development group hasn't had a lot of time to devote to the Mac product until recently, so lots of issues, such as icon colors, padding between elements, and font selection have not yet received as much attention as they need.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:48 PM

Alan Macgregor:
If you had received a royalty fee for every reference in the forum to that video, you would be able to buy the company! Wink
I should have thought of that last year before Logos hired me on LOL   Stick out tongue

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 5436
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 2:46 AM

I must admit to having some reservations about encouraging the production of Mac Specific videos at this stage of the development.

To me the UI still feels very 'Windows' like and there are many areas where there are major deviations from Mac standard practice.

Updates, preferences and keyboard shortcuts are cases in point.

There will be emerging into the Mac scene two types of user - those who have used Mac's pretty much exclusively and who wish to continue that experience in the details of the use of Logos and those who are moving from the Windows environment to whom such insistence on detail will seem pernickety.

However the companies promise to the Mac early purchasers was that we would have a Mac programme, not a windows look alike but a hand built UI that would make Logos a Mac performer.

Just now establishing the UI as it exists into Mac specific videos would lessen the momentum for the development of the UI which in my opinion has a long way to go yet.

tootle pip 

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 45
Jason York | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 12:25 PM

David Mitchell:

Many of the visual elements of the Mac product are far from complete, which means that any videos we produced now would soon become obsolete. When the visuals are done, we'll begin work on videos.

so, now that the visuals are done, can we expect to see some videos specific to the mac version?

I know one user has posted a youtube video, and I am hoping that both the mac team and random users start to post more videos so that we can get a better feel of how to best use the software. I would love practical demonstrations of each menu drop down and preference to show what it is and what it does. There are many check boxes in drop down menus that I am not sure what they do practically speaking and when I would or could use them. 

Thanks dev team for a great piece of mac software. 

thanks,

Jason

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 4:47 PM

Noticed several Wiki pages now have some Logos 4 Mac 4.0 stuff => http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

File, Guides, Tools, and Layouts have user interface difference examples between PC and Mac

Logos 4 Keyboard Shortcuts For Mac => http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Keyboard_Shortcuts_For_Mac

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 343

Video Tutorials for the Mac are now available!

http://www.logos.com/mac/videos

Jason Saling

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS