Bible Study

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 141
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 30 2021 12:20 PM

This my first step toward using Logos for something NEW. I am NOT making a sermon. I just want to collect notes and information re 1 passage or chapter in Ephesian's. 

Do I do that all in MS Word? Or use a tool in Logos?

Posts 27981
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2021 12:49 PM

Rick Ratzlaff:
Do I do that all in MS Word? Or use a tool in Logos?

You can use the Logos Notes tool for this. No need to work outside Logos, especially with a tool that is not designed for the purpose.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 940
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 31 2021 6:28 AM

Rick, I agree with Dave. The Notes Tool is probably your best option. With the notes tool you can anchor your note to a Bible verse and when you come to that verse in your Bible you will see the icon you have chosen and can immediately see your note. You will probably want to have a look at the canvas tool also along with the passage guide or exegetical guide.

Posts 141
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 31 2021 7:27 AM

Thanks guys. I have hundreds of "Notes" over the years. I used that tool to add NOTES to my Bible pages like I would by writing in the margin of my Bible. I have looked at 4 videos on NOTES, and am trying to get my head around expanding it's usefulness. I never have liked the term "NOTES". My old head has habitually wanted a WORD processor when I build a project. We are all used to compiling documents in a WORD processor. So why learn something NEW. At 74, I learn slow. I begged Logos years ago to make a good transition to WORD. But they want to 'THINK' for us. I think the program is tailored to the younger generation of academia at want it fast without deep contemplation? Maybe, I don't know.. When I think of preparing a Bible Study I think of a Folder on at book like Ephesians with a group of Files I built like a 3-ring binder. Got see if I can teach an Old-dog new tricks. Thanks rr

Posts 1447
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 31 2021 8:14 AM

I'm a dog that doesn't learn new tricks. Ha. Woof, woof. I like to use a lot of external tools in Bible study. So, I end up with versified notes in my own software > Logos PB. And lots and lots of organized files on the drive (usually RTF for ease of re-use). My current toy is a 3D mindmap with mult-directional linking.  Just perfect for OL.

Posts 141
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 31 2021 9:49 AM

So I see 2 different terms. NOTE and NOTE BOOK. 

Are those 2 different tools? I don't think so. Then LOGOS should not use them interchangeably.  . 

Posts 113
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 31 2021 10:01 AM

Rick Ratzlaff:

So I see 2 different terms. NOTE and NOTE BOOK. 

Are those 2 different tools? I don't think so. Then LOGOS should not use them interchangeably.  . 

Notes are contained within notebooks, so the terms aren’t used interchangeably. I am working on my iPad at the moment so don’t have access to it, but I suggest you watch the QuickStart video on Notes to show you how to use this tool and organise notes within notebooks. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS