AYB Volume on Matthew

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8925
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 30 2021 5:48 PM

I was looking at the "Complete Your Set" link to this series and I found the following message, "Due to rights issues, the commentary on Matthew is not included in this collection and is no longer available for purchase."

My question is: Since when is the volume on Matthew not available? I've had this set since Logos 8 and for some reason I thought I had the volume on Matthew and had never seen that message.

Anyway, who wrote that commentary volume on Matthew and what's being done to actually bring it back?

Thanks!

DAL

Posts 1550
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2021 7:26 PM

DAL:

Anyway, who wrote that commentary volume on Matthew and what's being done to actually bring it back?

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/178649/1033487.aspx#1033487

Posts 1161
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2021 7:29 PM

DAL ... I think your memory is slightly lapsing. Remember the rights ownership with the family, and what a tangled mess? Albright wrote it. I went and bought the Doubleday version ... and trashed it. No offense to the gentleman, but being handed Matthew instead of say, Judges, was just not his cup of tea.

Apparently, the volume disappeared between mid-2010, and 2012.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/49579.aspx?ssi=0 

Just saw HJ's excellent ref'd thread.

Yes, I remember now .... it was a dark rainy night, the creeks slowly rising along the edge of Bellingham. Working late into the darkened night, a lone emplyee, a cold cup of coffee, and a simple digital switch. A great man's opus silently disappeared into digital oblivion. Only to be resurrected every few lonely years ... 'Where's AYB's Matthew?!!'

Posts 8925
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2021 8:00 PM

Wow Thanks guys! Well I guess it’ll be an eternity before we see this one in Logos!

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS