Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1010
xnman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 31 2021 8:31 AM

In Logos....  I open Parsons Bible Atlas...   and in the process ... I open "Table of Maps" in the Table of Contents. Then I want to see map of "Abraham's Journey to Mt. Moriah"... (something I am working on today..)   So I click on "Table of Maps" then "Abraham's Journey to Mt. Moriah"... but I don't get the map. In fact, no matter what I clicked on... I don't get the map. In fact, if I click around, I eventually wind up opening up "Search" and searching for what I clicked on...

At first thought... I think the links in the Table Maps are not linked to the actual maps in Parsons Bible Atlas: Maps. And I don't think I can or know how to link them.

So I go to WordSearch to confirm my thinking... which sometimes quits on me....Open Parsons Bible Atlas and go through the same process and bingo, bango, bongo....  I get the map I was looking for.

I admit.... I don't use Parson's Bible Atlas that much ... but I'm a thinking it should work better than to send me to Logos Search....

Am I missing something here? Tongue Tied

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 173
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 1 2022 9:40 AM

Parson's Bible Atlas includes two books, one of information (Parson's Bible Atlas) and one of maps (Parson's Bible Atlas:Maps). It would be nice if the book of information would have working hyperlinks, so when you selected the map link it would jump to the appropriate map in the map book.

Posts 1010
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 1 2022 9:50 AM

Pastor Cleghorn:

Parson's Bible Atlas includes two books, one of information (Parson's Bible Atlas) and one of maps (Parson's Bible Atlas:Maps). It would be nice if the book of information would have working hyperlinks, so when you selected the map link it would jump to the appropriate map in the map book.

Amen!   And they did in WordSearch!

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 94
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 2 2022 11:10 AM

Pastor Cleghorn:
would have working hyperlinks, so when you selected the map link it would jump to the appropriate map in the map book.

I'll add my voice to this chorus. The Logos edition of the Parsons Bible Atlas is lacking most of its interactive functionality, not just the main linking to maps from the Atlas resource. 

It's also missing links to articles in the "Articles" section of the Atlas resource, from both the "Atlas" and "Articles" sections of that resource. 

It's also missing the index of objects available for each map, previously available via expanding the map entries in the TOC of the Maps resource. These objects are primarily place names, but also include icons representing the locations of associated events. Those mapped event icons are visible on the Logos edition maps, but have no identifiable meaning.

Those indexed objects were linked to their maps so that when you selected an object from the list under a map name in the TOC, the object would be highlighted on the map for locating easily (typically it would show a box around the name of the city, etc.).

On the map itself, each object on the maps was reverse linked to their respective "Article" entries in the Atlas resource. In other words, you could look at a map and click each object on it to get a brief article on it in the other panel, which would also include concordance info of pertinent Scripture references, and a listing (with links) to any other maps on which the same object can be found.  

This was actually a very productive resource in WS.

Posts 1010
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2022 5:41 AM

John W Gillis:

This was actually a very productive resource in WS.

I used it often in WS... In Logos ... I'm still learning Logos so that with my study time, lesson building and sermon building... and then wife .... well.. it's been a busy time...  I have not referred to Parsons much in Logos because of that.

But ... I think the two books... Parsons Bible Atlas and Parsons Bible Atlas: Maps  need a lot of work. The way they are now... almost makes them not workable. No links to anything!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS