Use Copy Bible Text Tool to export RAW HTML

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Tim Lemons | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 5 2022 9:04 AM

I am trying to export massive amounts of scripture for blog posts on our church's website. Is there not a way to export raw HTML from the Copy Bible Text? I found this old article but that was 7 years ago.

Alos just for reference I am on a Mac and Logos 9

Posts 35811
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2022 9:41 PM

weekly bump for attention 8

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5921
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 9 2022 6:50 AM

I wonder if, Tim, if the reason you are not getting any response to your questions is due to the terminology you have used.

Tim Lemons:
I am trying to export massive amounts of scripture for blog posts

Many users here would be wary of being complicit in copyright theft.

Perhaps if you could explain more precisely what you are trying to achieve there may folk who can offer help.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1297
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 9 2022 7:09 AM

I hadn't thought copyright, since church-use. I'd checkedalternatives. The software doesn't deliver HTML-packaged text, and no apparent easy work-around. But the copyright issue is there, I guess ... direct to web. But then, Logos is very flexible on copying.  I wonder if html specifics are the issue ... paragraphing, coloring, bolding, font/size, etc Or maybe just not much demand. It's an easy fix, code-wise.

Posts 5921
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 9 2022 9:17 AM

DMB:
I hadn't thought copyright, since church-use

So, once again you made me start thinking. Not only that I got up and, at random checked the NRSV.

I guess it depends on what you consider 'massive'. Without specifying church-use (is a blog church use?) the copyright notice allows, with some restrictions, up to 500 verses to be quoted if properly attributed.

Does 500 verses amount to a 'massive amount of scripture'?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1297
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 9 2022 10:36 AM

Mike Binks:

Does 500 verses amount to a 'massive amount of scripture'?

As I understand it:

a few: 1-5 pages

some: 6-10

many: 11-25

a lot: 26-100

a whole bunch: 101-250

a massive: 251-500

an unbelievable: 501+

So, just barely, but these ranges vary per country (eg 'are you crazy' is often the whole book).

Posts 5921
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2022 2:29 AM

Thank you Denise,

DMB:

As I understand it:

a few: 1-5 pages

some: 6-10

many: 11-25

a lot: 26-100

a whole bunch: 101-250

a massive: 251-500

an unbelievable: 501+

So, just barely, but these ranges vary per country (eg 'are you crazy' is often the whole book).

Looking through some of the stuff on my shelves I found a dusty old tome entitled 'Ready Reckoner' I have added this to the inside cover.

tootle pip

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS