Davidic tradition and the primary scriptural categories for Resurrection

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 745
Christian Alexander | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 6 2022 11:45 AM

I believe that the Davidic tradition supplied the primary scriptural categories for the claim that Jesus was raised from the dead according to Scripture. Where can I find sources that back this claim up? 

Posts 25763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 1:07 PM

Christian Alexander:
the Davidic tradition supplied the primary scriptural categories for the claim that Jesus was raised from the dead according to Scripture

This looks like a direct quote from the book synopsis at https://searchworks.stanford.edu/view/9723649 

As this is summarising Novakovic's book - https://www.logos.com/product/52221/raised-from-the-dead-according-to-scripture-the-role-of-the-israels-scripture-in-the-early-christian-interpretations-of-jesus-resurrection - that would be a good place to start.

Posts 5458
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 2:09 PM

Lol...this "belief" sounds like the thesis of a dissertation or the equivalent. Kudos Graham for having the ear/eye for searching this. Almost makes me wonder if the OP is chumming the water? How does one come to "believe" something that is so ivory tower confabulated and not know where the idea came from? Tongue Tied

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 1161
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 2:17 PM

David Paul:

Lol...this "belief" sounds like the thesis of a dissertation or the equivalent. Kudos Graham for having the ear/eye for searching this. Almost makes me wonder if the OP is chumming the water? How does one come to "believe" something that is so ivory tower confabulated and not know where the idea came from? Tongue Tied

I thought Jesus discussed that ... something about somebody's lords or such.  More seriously, try to push Jesus' argument into Aramaic.

Posts 157
Sam Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 4:16 PM

Thanks David Paul, you've just taught me a new phrase: "Chumming the water". I like it - very picturesque. In Australia we call chum "burley"; in blue water, slaughter house offal, in shallow water (in the old days) wheat meal mixed with whale oil. My concern is that OP's chum has an unhealthy dose of narcissism mixed in with it.

Posts 1516
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 4:22 PM

David Paul:
Almost makes me wonder if the OP is chumming the water? How does one come to "believe" something that is so ivory tower confabulated and not know where the idea came from?

I believe you've touched upon the matter. A lot of the OP's posts seem to have this exact same effect, ask a question that requires some level of knowledge to even know to ask, but supposedly has no idea how to even start to find the answer, floods the forums with these questions and well-intentioned, knowledgable, and helpful Logos users waste time trying to answer them all...Hmm

But maybe I'm just paranoid. Carry on...

Posts 35553
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 4:58 PM

Speaking solely for myself and not disagreeing with other posts, the reason that I try to answer my share of the questions is that I believe that all posters should be treated equally, independent of my judgment of the sincerity of the question or the interest in the answer. Exception: I may avoid answering the very few forum users (trolls) who ask questions solely to argue with all answers provided.

I am unwilling to judge the motivation or the capabilities of the questioner unless they specifically inform us of their conditions. I have been very pleased to see the number of people who have jumped in and answered CA's questions -- and hope that being a online student of two schools will soon keep him busy.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS