30 Years at Faithlife... a new role, and a new CEO...

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1723
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 6 2022 2:30 PM

We recently made a big change at Faithlife, and I wanted to share it with all of you. What follows is a version of the announcement I made to our team weeks ago:

I co-founded Faithlife more than 30 years ago, in May, 1991.

I was 19 years old when we started working on Logos Bible Software (inspired by a program I wrote when I was 15); this is truly my life’s work.

As Faithlife has grown and changed we have needed more process, structure, and operational predictability. I understand the importance of all of these, but they’ve never been my skill or my passion. (They may be my anti-passion.…)

My passion is for the products, the relationships (inside and outside), and our corporate culture. I am excited about the difference we make in the world, and the service we provide churches and everyone who studies the Bible.

January will mark 30 years from our formal incorporation and my official start date as CEO; I recently turned 50 years old.

This seemed like a good milestone at which to start a new phase of the journey.

So, on January 1st, I took my first-ever promotion, to Executive Chairman, and promoted our CFO, Vik Rajagopal, into the CEO role.

Faithlife is ready for a CEO with stronger management skills, more disciplined execution, and a passion for setting and achieving goals. In working closely alongside Vik for the past year I’ve been impressed with Vik’s strengths in all those areas, as well as his kindness, his leadership, and his ability to encourage and support our team.

Most importantly, Vik is someone who loves our mission, shares our values, and is excited to serve the Church and everyone who studies the Bible. (You can read more about Vik on his LinkedIn profile.)

I am ready to spend more time on our products, with customers, building relationships with partner organizations, thinking, writing, planning, mentoring, and coaching our team.

I am not leaving or retiring, and my ownership, board seat, and commitment are not changing.

I will still be working for Faithlife full-time. 

The difference is that I won’t be leading weekly meetings, giving assignments, or having direct reports. I do plan to keep working on our products, but more as a vision-caster and brainstorming-collaborator than as an assigner of tasks.

It’s important to me that you know the change is thoughtful, intentional, and the best thing for Faithlife and for me. And most importantly, that you know I’m still 100% committed to Faithlife’s mission and our success -- and excited to be making changes which make that next level of success even more likely.

I am a founder and an entrepreneur who served as CEO for a long time, and now I’m ready to hand that title to someone else so I can operate from my strengths, and so our team can get the leadership and management that will help all of us achieve a new level of success and service to the Church together.

Thank you for joining me in supporting Vik in this new role.

-- Bob

Posts 35581
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 2:37 PM

Congratulations - may your freedom to focus on what you love bring you joy.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 283
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 2:40 PM

Sounds like a great move for you and the company, Bob.  Your development of Logos Bible Software has been a great blessing to my life and ministry. I continue to use it every day and 20+ hours each week as I prepare sermons. Keep up the great work!

Posts 1517
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 2:48 PM

Congrats to you and congrats and welcome to Vik! Glad you're still going to be with Faithlife.

Posts 8939
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 3:07 PM

All I can say is: Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈🍾 May all things work out for the best for everyone at FL and for us as customers 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 542
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 3:13 PM

DAL:

All I can say is: Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈🍾 May all things work out for the best for everyone at FL and for us as customers 👍😁👌

DAL

Amen...Yes

Posts 19594
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 3:17 PM

+1 Yes Congrats with Prayers going forward. Big Smile

Wonder about successful addendum to Fire Someone Today: And Other Surprising Tactics for Making Your Business a Success

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2526
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 3:37 PM

Congratulations. Looking forward to what Faithlife becomes as you serve where you shine best. God bless you and all the good folk who are making Logos the wonderful resource it is. 

Posts 1048
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 3:53 PM

Congrats to you and to Vik. It's amazing to me how God leads us through the seasons of life and the seasons of our professions and how sometimes, these realms run in parallel. And sometimes they don't. Blessings to the FL family.

Posts 3301
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 4:05 PM

Bob Pritchett:
I’m still 100% committed to Faithlife’s mission and our success -- and excited to be making changes which make that next level of success even more likely.
Best wishes for your next level of involvement with FL. I fully support your decision and look forward to strong leadership from your chosen successor. Thanks for your years of service and may you live to see the fruits of this your labor of love.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 927
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 4:19 PM

Congratulations! I am thankful for all that Faithlife does. I have been richly blessed by Logos software and my ministry is more effective because of it.

Posts 710
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 4:46 PM

Congratulations to all of you! God bless you all!

Posts 2071
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 4:53 PM

We had better look busy; Bob might be on the forums more frequently.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Posts 27857
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 5:35 PM

I'm sure you have chosen wisely, so congratulations to Vik on his new role and all the best, Bob, for another 30 years at Faithlife...

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 965
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 5:51 PM

This sounds great for you, Faithlife, and for all of us!

Posts 53
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2022 11:42 PM

Congratulations to you Bob and also to Vik. I am thankful for all what you have given us in the past years and I am looking forward to what you will bring us, now that you can focus on what your passion is. Thanks for sharing!

Posts 716
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2022 12:08 AM

MJ. Smith:

may your freedom to focus on what you love bring you joy.

Yes

Robert M. Warren:

Bob might be on the forums more frequently.

Big Smile

Posts 1730
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2022 12:08 AM

I can understand you very well. I am not CEO type of person, and always wanted to work with product innovation.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 11

Posts 5868
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2022 1:43 AM

Fare-well my friend and welcome to the new journey.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 594
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2022 2:37 AM

Congratulations, Bob and the rest of Faithlife on this great move. I think one thing that makes a leader a real leader is self-understanding - knowing what your strengths are and what you need to delegate to those whose strengths fit better. You seem to have done this, and it will only help Faithlife move into the next stage of the great work you have done for 30 years.

All the best to the entire team and my personal thanks in gratitude for many years of study and growth using your fantastic software!

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS