How do you delete a layout in Logos 9 Desktop for Mac

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Brian O'Hara | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 11 2022 4:58 PM

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I am running Logos 9.10.0.0017 on my Macbook, and am having trouble deleting and/or renaming different layouts that I have created in the past. Everytime I attempt to "right click", the box appears for a brief second and immediately disappears before I can select it. Is there an alternate way to remove existing layouts? 

Posts 27858
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2022 8:06 PM

Brian O'Hara:
Everytime I attempt to "right click", the box appears for a brief second and immediately disappears before I can select it.

You can hover over the layout image on the right-hand side of the menu and then select "Delete".  It also has the option to "Rename".

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1969
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2022 4:41 AM

Brian O'Hara:
Everytime I attempt to "right click", the box appears for a brief second and immediately disappears before I can select it. Is there an alternate way to remove existing layouts? 

This is a long-standing bug on the Mac version of Logos. You need to right-click two or three times in succession to get it to work, but it will work.

Posts 1012
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:32 AM

In Windows.... I have to click on layouts, then right-click on the layout I want to delete then click delete.

This works for me.

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 30485
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2022 6:54 AM

xnman:
then right-click on the layout

Doing so (for me on Mac) causes the dialog box to open, followed by the layout immediately opening. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 30485
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2022 6:56 AM

Levi Durfey:
This is a long-standing bug on the Mac version of Logos.

I trust you, but I have not had need to delete a layout for a very long time and have not heard of this issue. Is there an open case? 

Levi Durfey:
You need to right-click two or three times in succession to get it to work, but it will work.

I just tried 10 times and the layout opened each time, not allowing me to access the dialogue box. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3033
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2022 7:06 AM

We do have an open case for this bug. I've added a link to this thread so that we can post an update when it is fixed.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 5868
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2022 7:07 AM

JT (alabama24):

Levi Durfey:
This is a long-standing bug on the Mac version of Logos.

I trust you, but I have not had need to delete a layout for a very long time and have not heard of this issue. Is there an open case? 

Levi Durfey:
You need to right-click two or three times in succession to get it to work, but it will work.

I have experienced this on various 'rename' operations. It is spasmodic and I have found a restart often makes the problem go away for months.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS