PB: DAY UNTO DAY - Brief Daily Prayers by George Matheson

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
David L. Hatton | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 18 2022 12:18 PM

If you've appreciated the poetic expression of faith in George Matheson's hymn "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go," you will certainly love the devotional insight and depth in this collection of "brief daily prayers" called DAY UNTO DAY. The Zip File includes a text file listing the text data necessary for the creation of a "reading cycle" PB for Logos.

7801.DAY UNTO DAY-GM.zip

Posts 2255
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2022 2:42 PM

Thank you!

Posts 12490
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2022 3:02 PM

Thanks David!

I wondered a bit about the unfamiliar type:"Reading Cycle" (I've never used this in a PB and my large library has only 2 resources of this type: Daf Yomi, which is indexed by Year/Month/Day like a Logos lectionary) and so I simply built it as a type:"Calendar Devotional" from your description of its content without looking into the file. Yes, it built error-free with a DayOfYear index as it should.   

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 35575
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2022 3:08 PM

Reading Cycle was created by FaithLife primarily to support Daf Yomi, the Talmud Reading plan. It has also been used for a user supplied Read the Church Fathers plan. It handles multi-year plans.

Calendar devotionals are intended to be one year (or less) plans where the dates are simply month-day.

Lectionaries are the type supporting the liturgical calendar.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2526
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2022 3:14 PM

Interesting.  Thanks.

Posts 598
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2022 6:18 AM

Thank you!

Posts 5
David L. Hatton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2022 9:05 AM

Updated ZIP file with file type in text note as "Calendar devotional"2630.DAY UNTO DAY-GM.zip

Posts 5
David L. Hatton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2022 9:10 AM

This ZIP file updates the text note to say that the text type is "Calendar devotional"

5488.DAY UNTO DAY-GM.zip

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2022 5:35 PM

Thanks for your work on this David and for the updated file.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS