Frustrated

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1848
Rick | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 20 2022 11:10 AM

First, I know that most here will find this laughable, but that is ok.

Yesterday, I tried to use these forums to show others that a particular commentary set is unsearchable in Logos. I explained the situation, described my troubleshooting (rebuild index, confirmed on a different computer etc.).

Since I tried to include two screenshots, the forums marked my post as possible spam because of my low post count. Here we are a day later, and my post still has not been released by a moderator.

Why do I have a low post count? Because my internet provider stopped supplying email and I had to make a new email account. I have asked that my post count be restored and on my last and final attempt, I was told that it might happen in February. Customer service responses were anything but caring.

In what company is it acceptable for a customer to have to wait 3-4+ months for something as simple as this? I remember when Faithlife Corp. was Logos and they cared about the customer. They took pride in their caring for the customer. Things like this would take less than a day or two. Customer service was really good at one time but, obviously, something has changed.

Yea, I know this is minor but I'm in a situation where I have discovered that a commentary set does not return search results and like my email address change, my post is in limbo, probably never to be seen.

Oh well, I know that I am a customer who will not be missed, and I'll continue using my Logos with the library that I have but thank goodness I did not have to contact customer service to cancel my preorders and subscriptions.

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2022 12:37 PM

Sorry to hear of your experience Rick. I can understand how you might feel as a result. That has never been my experience with Faithlife and the forum so it makes me wonder why. 

I hope that you can get a resolution in the near future.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1179
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2022 1:08 PM

Rick, I admit to laughing.  But only because 'been there, done that'.  Not as bad as your experience, but I decided to just be a newbie for a while.  What is so interesting, is there apparently is 2 of me (there's me with my current post count, and me with my prior post count).  We meet and have coffee, every now and then. Plus, there's apparently now, also another DMB, but it's not a 'me'. I don't mind, but the gentleman might be awfully embarrassed at my posts (especially me#1).

But, I DO hope you can get it resolved.  Maybe I can have coffee with DMB.

Posts 1179
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2022 1:09 PM

Rick, I admit to laughing.  But only because 'been there, done that'.  Not as bad as your experience, but I decided to just be a newbie for a while.  What is so interesting, is there apparently is 2 of me (there's me with my current post count, and me with my prior post count).  We meet and have coffee, every now and then. Plus, there's apparently now, also another DMB, but it's not a 'me'. I don't mind, but the gentleman might be awfully embarrassed at my posts (especially me#1).

But, I DO hope you can get it resolved.  Maybe I can have coffee with DMB.

Posts 1179
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2022 1:10 PM

Now, interestingly, me#2 double-posted, which the demons of the forum are not supposed to be able to do.  Hmmm.

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2022 1:11 PM

Hi Rick

Rick:
Since I tried to include two screenshots, the forums marked my post as possible spam because of my low post count. Here we are a day later, and my post still has not been released by a moderator.

Is https://community.logos.com/forums/p/205178/1193601.aspx#1193601 the post you are referring to?

If so, please see if Mick's suggestions  there helps.

I also confirmed the commentary set is searchable on my computer - hopefully we can work out why it isn't on yours

Graham

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee

Rick:
Why do I have a low post count? Because my internet provider stopped supplying email and I had to make a new email account. I have asked that my post count be restored and on my last and final attempt, I was told that it might happen in February. Customer service responses were anything but caring.

I'm very sorry you had to wait so long for your forum accounts to be merged. They've been consolidated now, and 1,846 posts should start showing up under your account very soon.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS