Beatitudes in Leadership

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 745
Christian Alexander | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 22 2022 7:42 PM

I used to see The Beatitudes as separate elements or factors of agapao leadership. Each value had an equal weight. But as I have taught and consulted with organizations and used The Beatitudes in my consulting with leaders, I have noticed that the first Beatitude, “poor in spirit,” seems to surface the most often. The other Beatitudes seemed to occur with a relative frequency that matched the sequence of The Beatitudes as they occur in Scripture. How simple it seems that we have the main values stated for us and that The Beatitudes appear in the order of importance as well. How can I see this being used in Logos?

Posts 27857
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2022 9:26 PM

Christian Alexander:
How can I see this being used in Logos?

Logos is the software, whilst the company is Faithlife. What are you asking?

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 19594
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2022 10:38 PM

Christian Alexander:
The other Beatitudes seemed to occur with a relative frequency that matched the sequence of The Beatitudes as they occur in Scripture. ... How can I see this being used in Logos?

Search idea: (sequence OR frequency) WITHIN {Milestone <Mt5.3-12>}

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 12492
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 23 2022 3:16 AM

Christian Alexander:

I used to see The Beatitudes as separate elements or factors of agapao leadership. Each value had an equal weight. But as I have taught and consulted with organizations and used The Beatitudes in my consulting with leaders, I have noticed that the first Beatitude, “poor in spirit,” seems to surface the most often. The other Beatitudes seemed to occur with a relative frequency that matched the sequence of The Beatitudes as they occur in Scripture. How simple it seems that we have the main values stated for us and that The Beatitudes appear in the order of importance as well. How can I see this being used in Logos?

Christian, one thing that makes it very difficult to answer your questions is that they often seem to be only a small snippet of what you really are after. I guess (but that is merely guessing) that you read a fragment of text - be it part of an assignment or whatever - and then you throw it over into the forums without context. Sometimes but rarely you include your own situation, status of study or opinion, but more often it seems you are quoting things from your professors' or other authors' (even including first person statements) without making this transparent and also without giving the necessary context. 

If you want/have to study the text at https://1library.net/article/the-value-of-caring-for-employees-followers.zx3ej3nz and have questions about understanding it, or you have an understanding of it, but now want to further study the topic, then it would probably be more helpful to state this with as much context as possible, especially what you already have studied, which direction you intend to go and what you want to achieve. For example, I would point people studying the Beatitudes to John Stott's commentary in the "Bible Speaks Today" series. But maybe you are looking for resources on leadership in the workplace? Or you want to check whether the quoted snippet is actually true (and in which corpus of works?)  

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 8938
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 23 2022 3:28 AM

Dave Hooton:

Christian Alexander:
How can I see this being used in Logos?

Logos is the software, whilst the company is Faithlife. What are you asking?

👍

Posts 2681
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 23 2022 5:12 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/56585/momentum-pursuing-gods-blessings-through-the-beatitudes is a great resource on how each gratitude progressed to the next. It is a sequence, not a list of options

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS