Is it possible to generate a Bible word study from words in non-English Bibles?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1033
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 25 2022 7:26 AM

Quick question for L9 power users:

If the UI is in English, can the Bible word study guide can be edited somehow to work with other languages?

i.e. right click on a non-English Bible to do BWS?

Thanks ahead of time for the input.

Posts 124
Morgan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2022 9:31 AM

In the BWS pane you can hover over Translation (just above the colored wheel) and see a Settings option. From there you can select your non-English bible, though I believe to have it work the non-English bible would need to have the reverse-interlinear functionality.

Posts 26054
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2022 11:18 AM

Hamilton Ramos:

What non-English BIbles are you thinking of?

Clearly you can do it in something like the Lexham Hebrew BIble, so I assume you are thinking of some other group of Bibles

Posts 12634
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2022 12:19 PM

Hamilton Ramos:

If the UI is in English, can the Bible word study guide can be edited somehow to work with other languages?

Yes this works - of course the bible needs to have an RI or be morphologically tagged so that Logos actually knows about the lemma to run the BWS on.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1033
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2022 1:35 PM

Thanks NB Mick.

The problem was that I use BTX and it still does not have RI. Reina Valera 1960 does have RI, and Word study works.

Posts 1033
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 1 2022 10:48 AM

Thank you Morgan.

Do you know if there is a way to do a collection with all Bibles (multple languages) that have RI?

Posts 1033
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 1 2022 10:50 AM

Graham Criddle:
What non-English BIbles are you thinking of?

Was thinking of Spanish. Unfortunately the one I use in Spanish did not have RI, so the one that has it gave also access to Portuguese and French, maybe because terms are similar, neat.

Posts 19600
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2022 7:52 PM

Hamilton Ramos:
Do you know if there is a way to do a collection with all Bibles (multple languages) that have RI?

Logos Wiki Reverse-Interlinear/Interlinear Bibles includes

My Logos library has MyTag:Interlinear for Interlinear & RI Bibles. Every MyTag is a collection.

Logos 9 Total Bilingual includes six Interlineal inverso resources (Spanish RI).

Logos.com search for Base Packages => https://www.logos.com/search?page=1&sortBy=Newest&limit=60&filters=status-live_Status%2Bproducttype-basepackages_Product%20Type&ownership=unowned&geographicAvailability=all

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS