Need recommendations: Best books on the Baptist tradition?

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6136
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2022 12:00 PM

Kiyah:
Faithlife needs to tap more Baptist publishers besides Broadman & Holman.

What are (at least some of) the important Baptist English-language academic publishers that Faithlife doesn't carry?

“The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.” St. Peter of Alcántara

Posts 42
Leigh Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2022 12:20 PM

Took a look at this and saw that it leaves out Walter Rauschenbusch, surely a significant and influential Baptist theologian.  Have to wonder how the decisions on who to include were made.  Looks like the authors are both Southern Baptists.

Posts 737
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 8 2022 7:28 AM

Leigh Johnson:

Took a look at this and saw that it leaves out Walter Rauschenbusch, surely a significant and influential Baptist theologian.  Have to wonder how the decisions on who to include were made.  Looks like the authors are both Southern Baptists.

Thanks! Interesting!

Posts 1033
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2022 5:25 PM

Kiyah:

I am trying to find a FL interview (in the blog) to an author  that used the word Baptist as an acrostic to define the principal characteristics.

If not mistaken Biblical was the first one, but do not recall the others, I do not remember if they were advertising a book, but it all seemed interesting and helpful.

I did write down the acrostic but cannot find it.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS