Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2022 1:24 PM

There is hope... I installed WS11 on my new laptop today.. WORDsearch Bible Software Users Group

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2022 1:26 PM

There is hope... WORDsearch Bible Software FB Users Group... I installed WW11 on my ne laptop today

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2022 1:27 PM

There is hope... WORDsearch Bible Software FB Users Group... I installed WW11 on my ne laptop today

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2022 1:28 PM

There is hope... WORDsearch Bible Software FB Users Group... I installed WW11 on my new laptop today

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 19 2022 8:36 AM

WORDsearch 11 can be installed on any computer without any help or anything from Logos. You will need the WS setup file and a copy of a WORDsearch folder from your installed WS program. The folder I'm referring to is found in ... C:\ProgramData\WORDsearch ... This is the folder where all of your book data is stored. After running the WS setup file, just delete that file in the fresh install and copy the file from another install in there. I also copied the WORDsearch folder in the program files directory form the old install as well after deleting it out. ... It works fine except for one feature. All of my books show up in the Library view and can be opened from there. When you go to the study view, the unlock feature in the upper left corner doesn't work, so books cannot be opened from there. But they all can be opened, like I said from the Library view. .... My fresh install on my new laptop 2/18/22 using this method is working perfectly. .... GOOD Luck! ... (Wordsearch Bible Software Users FB Group)

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 19 2022 8:39 AM

WORDsearch 11 can be installed on any computer without any help or anything from Logos. You will need the WS setup file and a copy of a WORDsearch folder from your installed WS program. The folder I'm referring to is found in ... C:\ProgramData\WORDsearch ... This is the folder where all of your book data is stored. After running the WS setup file, just delete that file in the fresh install and copy the file from another install in there. I also copied the WORDsearch folder in the program files directory form the old install as well after deleting it out. ... It works fine except for one feature. All of my books show up in the Library view and can be opened from there. When you go to the study view, the unlock feature in the upper left corner doesn't work, so books cannot be opened from there. But they all can be opened, like I said from the Library view. .... My fresh install on my new laptop 2/18/22 using this method is working perfectly. .... GOOD Luck! ..WORDsearch Bible Software Users FB group

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 19 2022 8:40 AM

WORDsearch 11 can be installed on any computer without any help or anything from Logos. You will need the WS setup file and a copy of a WORDsearch folder from your installed WS program. The folder I'm referring to is found in ... C:\ProgramData\WORDsearch ... This is the folder where all of your book data is stored. After running the WS setup file, just delete that file in the fresh install and copy the file from another install in there. I also copied the WORDsearch folder in the program files directory form the old install as well after deleting it out. ... It works fine except for one feature. All of my books show up in the Library view and can be opened from there. When you go to the study view, the unlock feature in the upper left corner doesn't work, so books cannot be opened from there. But they all can be opened, like I said from the Library view. .... My fresh install on my new laptop 2/18/22 using this method is working perfectly. .... GOOD Luck! (Wordsearch Bible Software Users FB group)

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 19 2022 8:42 AM

WORDsearch 11 can be installed on any computer without any help or anything from Logos. You will need the WS setup file and a copy of a WORDsearch folder from your installed WS program. The folder I'm referring to is found in ... C:\ProgramData\WORDsearch ... This is the folder where all of your book data is stored. After running the WS setup file, just delete that file in the fresh install and copy the file from another install in there. I also copied the WORDsearch folder in the program files directory form the old install as well after deleting it out. ... It works fine except for one feature. All of my books show up in the Library view and can be opened from there. When you go to the study view, the unlock feature in the upper left corner doesn't work, so books cannot be opened from there. But they all can be opened, like I said from the Library view. .... My fresh install on my new laptop 2/18/22 using this method is working perfectly. .... GOOD Luck! (Wordseach Bible Software Users FB group)

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 19 2022 8:43 AM

WORDsearch 11 can be installed on any computer without any help or anything from Logos. You will need the WS setup file and a copy of a WORDsearch folder from your installed WS program. The folder I'm referring to is found in ... C:\ProgramData\WORDsearch ... This is the folder where all of your book data is stored. After running the WS setup file, just delete that file in the fresh install and copy the file from another install in there. I also copied the WORDsearch folder in the program files directory form the old install as well after deleting it out. ... It works fine except for one feature. All of my books show up in the Library view and can be opened from there. When you go to the study view, the unlock feature in the upper left corner doesn't work, so books cannot be opened from there. But they all can be opened, like I said from the Library view. .... My fresh install on my new laptop 2/18/22 using this method is working perfectly. .... GOOD Luck! (Wordseach Bible Software Users FB group)

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 19 2022 8:53 AM

There is a very simple way that works.... anyone interested can check it out here...

WORDsearch Bible Software Users Group

Posts 11
Mark Cowen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 20 2022 6:26 AM

Thank you for taking the time to show how to do a "One Verse Per Line" bible view!  I asked before on a different thread but did not get an answer.  That alone takes away some of the frustration.  

Thanks again!

Posts 11
Mark Cowen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 20 2022 6:31 AM

For me, when I am reading, I do not mind a paragraph formed view but I do not read from my computer.  I like to have an actual bible in my hands.  Most bibles are written linear verse by verse but I do have a Cambridge that is written in a paragraph view.  But when I study, I want it in a linear verse by verse.  It is much easier to locate the particular verse if you do not have an active search going.  

Posts 11
Mark Cowen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 20 2022 7:36 AM

Thanks for the reply Mike.  I'll definitely have to work on this but that tends to be much of the issue.  When I am studying / preparing for a sermon, it's not time to work on learning how to use something that took the place of what I was using for successfully for years. I tend to be "in the zone" while studying and these frustrations associated with a learning curve, though small they may be, serve to frustrate me.  Is there some type of class that one can sign up for to learn the basics that you have mentioned?  Much of this seems to be suited for the explorer intrigued; mess with it until you finally find something that works.  I am not tech savy and prefer the simplicity of things.  The simpler, the better has worked well for me.  

The crashing of all books open has happened multiple times.  And before I was taught how to create a Favorite layout, it was maddening.  I was already having issues with opening books up and getting them to follow me.  (I still do not understand why books have to be assigned to a Linkset (A-F or None).  Therefore when I open a different book, than just my favorites, I still forget to set the linkset.  It's just an extra step that isn't necessary imo.)  Yet after having 3-4 searches open due to forgetting to close them, my entire library crashes.  Every open book closes and I am left with a blank screen.  Snapshotting pics (like you all do) and posting them would be a learning process for me.  Drawing arrows and circling things is neat but I don't know how to do that.  I'm willing to learn to help this process if possible.

Understand, I am thankful for a platform that I can still reference my purchased books but what I had worked perfectly for me.  It's not like I had something that was not working and began to search for something else.  My WORDsearch / Logos library does not load into E-Sword but I have almost been willing to walk away from the invested purchases I have through WORDsearch to use something that works much like my old, familiar bible program.  The fact that I love my electronic WORDsearch library that is now available on Logos is the only thing that keeps my trying.  If I had known that WORDsearch was going to have this issue, I would have worked to preserve a way to add it to a new computer.  My computer at home has a working WORDsearch program on it, but it is not available to me all the time.  It is in our home office and the office is in use everyday due to my wife and son working from home and schooling.  My church office computer is my study computer and it has Logos.  This computer was acquired when I got here 1 year ago.  

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2022 5:01 AM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/471575357940187

Yes you can still use WS and install it on any new computer if you have a working copy already installed on a computer and the setup file.

Come an see.

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2022 5:04 AM

It is possible to keep using WS... all you need is a working copy installed on a computer and the setup file.

Come an see

Posts 36
Charlie Ferrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2022 5:04 AM

It is possible to keep using WS... all you need is a working copy installed on a computer and the setup file.

Come an see

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS