Remove numbers from view for smooth TTS reading?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 457
chris b | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 5 2022 3:47 PM

I would like to remove both 1's, and similar notations from view so that Natural Reader can read text without tripping up on them in books, Bible and non-Biblical text.

This would be extraordinarily helpful because TTS speaks the numbers and it interrupts the text constantly with scripture and extremely frequently with books. I want to be able to select it to appear without them. Limited mode lets me use natural reader smoothly with the web app.

Posts 36055
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2022 4:14 PM

Go to the visual filters menu (triangle of balls)

Set to Bible Text Only - turn off chapter/verse, footnote, etc.

Placing this in the Suggestions forum likely slowed your response - it belongs in Logos 9 desktop or mobile for a quick answer.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 457
chris b | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2022 4:19 PM

Thank you! I am actually using the web app. Is it possible from the web app? I simply run books opened thru the web app thru the natural reader chrome extension. I'm actually not using Windows' system narrator but actually my browser and an extension that reads text on websites. It actually works really well. The hiccup comes in no visual filter for the web app as far as I can tell.

Posts 36055
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2022 6:31 PM

Err 1

I don't know what you want with the non-Bible text but you can see that the chapter/verse and footnote indicators have been removed.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 457
chris b | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 6 2022 9:33 AM

Thank you MJ. I figured out the problem. I am using limited view. I actually need to use limited view in order to use naturalreaders.com's chrome extension to read the text. (I'm fighting with the forum to have the screenshot not appear huge)
screenshot:
2022-02-06 12.33.11 App.Logos.Com 07Bdb74ab45a

So with limited mode, it still shows those numbers and other notes. No way to remove it via visual filter in limited mod as far as I can tell. If I am able to do that somehow this essentially solves all my tts woes.

Posts 457
chris b | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2022 12:15 PM

Is there a way to tag FL employees? This is very important to me.

Posts 3073
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2022 1:31 PM

I'm not aware of any plans to add visual filter support to the limited view mode of the web application. 

Feel free to add a suggestion for the web application here: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-web-app

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS