Attn:Phil, book paid for in L9 Spanish package, still not delivered. Siloing

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 141
WR82 | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 6 2022 11:53 AM

Hello,

I am passing along some info that hopefully will help all involved.

• A Spanish translation of one of the geography focused commentaries is still not available users who paid for it, many of whom paid for it over a year ago at the launch of L9, in a base package. I am one of these.
  • A long time has gone by with little to no word as to what is happening. I am delimiting my description here to Spanish language communication. No one has answered repeated requests for info in Spanish.
  • I am bilingual and have base packages in both Spanish and English. With English language users, I feel like requests are heard, complaints are considered, and reasonable solutions are found. Kyle is a shining star and this brother deserves a raise for how wonderfully he helps us. (Really, he is a bridge between customers and the programmers and publishers and whoever else there is that makes decisions. I am thankful for him.)
  • Information in any organization can be siloed, on purpose or by accident. In the case of English language users, we have the forums as a way to request info, complain when promised goals aren’t met, and ask for help. It works pretty well. However, for Spanish language users, this is not the case. 
  • Information is often siloed between Spanish language customers and the Spanish language team. I read lots of requests for help that go unanswered. I translate some messages in forums from Spanish to English, as a concerned citizen (not as a faithlife employee) because I know English language users have a recognized voice. 
  • Is the way I see the relationship between Spanish Language users and Faithlife accurate? I admit, I only see in part, and I know that all involved are trying their absolute best. Faithlife is a great company, and I want it to be great for all users. I want to maintain a positive assumption about the motivations of everyone involved. That said, I just want to pass along my observation along with a request for someone from the Spanish team to answer user’s questions about this missing resource and for there to be better attentiveness for this valuable population of users going forward.

If I am wrong, which is highly possible, 🤷‍♂️  I am fine with being corrected, please let me know via this forum and I will admit my error. 

Here are two representative forum posts:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/201746/1195523.aspx#1195523

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/204912/1192562.aspx#1192562

WR82

Posts 1133
Juan Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 6 2022 11:56 AM

Gracias, espero que tengamos alguna respuesta oficial.

Posts 30845
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 6 2022 12:11 PM

I have read your post a number of times and it isn't fully clear to me. It seems that you have two issues: 

1. There is a resource which you have paid for (in a base package) but haven't yet received.
  2. There is a lack of communication and responsiveness from Faithlife to Spanish speaking forum members (and/or Spanish related resources). 

Do those two things sum things up? 

As for #1, a forum member seemed to indicate that the resource has not been translated into Spanish yet. Is that the case? 

As for #2, this isn't an issue unique to Spanish speakers... The forums are primarily a "crowd sourced" means of getting support. This is OK, but it is frustrating to many of us that there isn't a greater FL employee presence in the forums... especially in the particular forums of the employee's area of expertise. As for your specific complaint, I am unsure how large the Spanish speaking team might be. The issue may be a lack of employees and time given for forum response. When I see something that is being neglected, I try to bring it to the attention of a FL employee by email... that seems to be most effective. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 141
WR82 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 6 2022 12:32 PM

if you look back at the history of the Attn:Bob, (I know the ceo is different now.) Attn: Phil and Attn: Kyle posts, they answer them.

If you don’t speak Spanish, you won’t have the experience with which to compare the attentiveness of employees for both sets of users (Spanish and English user groups). If a post is in Spanish about this, we only get silence (I admit that Kyle told us he would look into it, but only after I complained in English.)

I started this second thread (I labeled the first attempt attn::Bob in error.) to avoid the thread getting taken over by well meaning English language users or by someone other than Phil Gons. 😛😅 haha (please recognize my sarcasm here as silliness and not frustration.) 

I realize this is a public forum and anyone can answer. It’s a free country, but really, this public dialogue with Faithlife employees is what I want to happen. I don’t want to send a private email. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posts 1367
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2022 3:42 PM

See follow-ups on this similar thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/204912.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS