Purchased Resource Not Showing Up In Library (?)

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 397
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 15 2022 5:06 AM

I just bought Stanley Porter’s (editor), The Johannine Writings from the monthly sale but cannot locate it in my library anywhere.  

The Logos site says that I own the resource & I have the email receipt——but nowhere to be found in my library.

Seems like I read another thread about this topic recently but have no clue who or where on the forums.  Is this an issue that others are also experiencing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated👍🏼🙏!

Posts 745
Christian Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2022 5:11 AM

Hello there. I am having the same problem for all the FBOTM items this month. John's use of OT in Rev, Porter's Johannine Writings and the other sales items. Any help is appreciated as well. 

Posts 25890
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2022 5:45 AM

Puddin’:
The Logos site says that I own the resource & I have the email receipt——but nowhere to be found in my library.

Do you have Download New Resources set to Yes in Program Settings?

Please post a screenshot (using the paperclip icon) showing your settings

Posts 1130
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2022 7:50 AM

I came across this problem sometime back with something I purchased... I re-booted Logos and all was good.....

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 30534
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2022 8:48 AM

xnman:
I came across this problem sometime back with something I purchased... I re-booted Logos and all was good.....

That is the expected behavior. The resource is added upon a restart. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3922
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2022 8:59 AM

Puddin’:

I just bought Stanley Porter’s (editor), The Johannine Writings from the monthly sale but cannot locate it in my library anywhere.  

Seems like I read another thread about this topic recently but have no clue who or where on the forums.  Is this an issue that others are also experiencing?

What version of the app are you running, and what Operating System are you using? This will help in trying to see what is going on.

Posts 5971
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2022 10:19 AM

Puddin’:

Is it appearing at www.app.logos.com?

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & save others time. Thanks!

Posts 397
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 3:51 AM

Graham Criddle:

Puddin’:

Do you have Download New Resources set to Yes in Program Settings?

Please post a screenshot (using the paperclip icon) showing your settings

Thank you for the response Graham——but I cannot even find “download new resources” in settings.  I am currently relegated to only having my Logos app. on my iPhone due to iPad problems - so that may be why I can’t locate “download new resources.”  

I also am not sure how to upload a photo of my settings from my iPhone.  This is the first time this has happened for me so it hasn’t been an issue before.

I will note that I still can’t locate this source although Logos says I own it.

Will check back in tomorrow morning—appreciate your help (you’re always a huge help w. this stuff).

Posts 397
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 3:55 AM

SineNomine:

Puddin’:

Every time I click the link it says that “this site cannot be reached.”  

Alas, it’s looking like I may have to completely reboot Logos to get the resource to appear.

Much appreciated though. 

Posts 397
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 4:06 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Puddin’:

What version of the app are you running, and what Operating System are you using? This will help in trying to see what is going on.

Not sure what version of the app I have, but I did look in my settings at the version & it said 9.11.1.  I have the (blue) Logos app. & also the (green) Ebooks app.

I am using Apple products—specifically iPhone 6s currently.

Thank you for your assistance.

**(Also want to thank the other posters.  Looks like I may have no other choice than to just completely reboot the app. [I assume that means delete the app. & then re-download it?].)

Posts 25890
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 4:22 AM

Puddin’:
I am using Apple products—specifically iPhone 6s currently.

That is very useful to know

My response above assumed you were seeing this issue on the desktop app!

Try entering the command rebuild index into the passage / search box on the homepage and see if that resolves it.

Posts 30534
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 4:22 AM

The assumption all along was that you were using the desktop app. Much of the above doesn’t apply. This thread should be in the mobile forum. 

some things to try:

• use the “rebuild index” command On the home page
  • verify that the credentials used to purchase the app are the same ones you are logged in with
  • let us know the specific resource in question 

that should get you started

FYI - “reboot” is a term for turning a computer off and then back on again. Deleting the app is unrelated, but may be the nuclear option.  

Posts 444
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 4:31 AM

Puddin’:

SineNomine:

Puddin’:

Every time I click the link it says that “this site cannot be reached.”  

The link should be https://app.logos.com/ without the www

Posts 30534
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 7:00 AM

Bernhard:
The link should be

Good catch! Smile

Posts 5971
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 8:42 AM

Bernhard:
The link should be https://app.logos.com/ without the www

Sorry! Why Faithlife hasn't made the www. into a redirect I do not know. But at least they seem to be consistent in having that problem across all websites when there's a xyz. prefix to the main site.

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & save others time. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS