Let Us Pray for Ukraine

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3576
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 20 2022 5:59 PM

Russia appears to be on course for making war in Ukraine. Let us pray for peace and a diplomatic solution for Russian aggression. I read a portion of an article on Ukraine in NIVAC. I was struck by this quote which is universal.

What I have come to appreciate more than ever is their unwavering faith. It is said that God is all you need, but you do not know that until God is all you have. That was the faith story of my mother and her parents.

The same story is true for the Israelites in Exile. They suffered the same alienation and ignominy. The story preserved in Kings is testimony to the strength and resolution of their faith.

Konkel, A. H. (2006). 1 & 2 Kings (p. 660). Zondervan.

May God have mercy on the people of Ukraine and all who must stand against aggression and tyranny.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 666
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 20 2022 6:21 PM

Amen and Amen...

May it be so LORD, may your peace both reign in their hearts and minds and also rain down on their nation, their leaders, and even their aggressors so that they will have peace and not war.

May you be glorified in everything!

Posts 737
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 20 2022 6:27 PM

Amen indeed!!

Posts 19717
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 20 2022 11:26 PM

It was humbling reading of the faith of the Ukrainian Christians who pray for peace, on their knees, outside, every day, regardless of the weather. As of 2019 a group of them had been doing this for five years, since 2014 when the Russian tanks rolled into Kharkov. I assume they are still at it.

This article gives five lessons in prayer we can learn from the Ukrainian believers.

https://www.baptistpress.com/resource-library/news/ukrainian-believers-standing-on-our-knees

Posts 36380
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 20 2022 11:51 PM

Some may be aware of the tug-of-war in the Orthodox Church with the granting of autocephalous status to the Ukrainian Church over the objections of the Russian Orthodox Church. Orthodox Church of Ukraine - Wikipedia

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2583
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2022 7:21 AM

If only we could go to suffer, kneel, and pray with them. We can and will do it from here too, of course.

When we were in a world of hurt, Jesus came to live, work, and suffer among us. For more on this, read Compassion by Henri J. M. Nouwen. Sure wish Logos sold it.

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2022 12:33 PM

Rosie Perera:

This article gives five lessons in prayer we can learn from the Ukrainian believers.

https://www.baptistpress.com/resource-library/news/ukrainian-believers-standing-on-our-knees

Thank you for sharing this Rosie. I have dear Christian friends in Ukraine and kneel in prayer with them.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1275
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2022 12:35 PM

I believe the struggle going on in Ukraine is the same one as going on in Canada, in the USA and other parts of the world, just different people playing the parts.

Bottom line...  it is the struggle against good and evil. The world against the church.  And it speaks to me to beware and remember.... this world is not my home. Make thyself ready!

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero! He only uses an abacus with 14 rows!

Posts 9185
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2022 2:47 AM

Rosie Perera:

Oh yes, Κύριε ἐλέησον 

DAL

Posts 1192
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2022 6:05 AM

May God grant that region a just and lasting peace.

Posts 3576
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2022 6:33 AM

Is there a parallel example of Balkanization in Israel's Biblical history? This is the immediate objective of the Russian aggression as it appears. May it fail miserably and peace be restored to the region and self determination be re-established to the people of Ukraine. Amen.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 6136
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2022 9:17 AM

For anyone interested, there are a variety of resources about or related to Ukraine sold by Faithlife - https://www.logos.com/search?query=ukraine&sortBy=PriceLow&limit=60&page=1&ownership=all&geographicAvailability=availableToMe

“The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.” St. Peter of Alcántara

Posts 19717
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2022 5:41 PM

A dear sister in Christ reminded me that "In fact, the Spirit of war is on one side, and humans, currently collectively losing, are on the other." Indeed, "our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Satan wants to divide and wreak havoc and cause hatred and revenge and death, and for people to trust in "chariots" and "horses" (military might) instead of putting their faith in the Lord, not to win physical battles for them, but to conquer the evil around them.

In carrying out their necessary self-defense, may the Ukrainians treat captured Russian soldiers with mercy. May Russian solders see kindness and humanity in the eyes of their "enemy" and realize this is an unnecessary war started on false pretexts. May people in Putin's inner circle have changes of heart and be able to turn him away from this course of insanity. And may Putin himself repent of this evil and turn to the only One who can give him a true inheritance that is worth more than all the territory or earthly glory he seeks.

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2022 6:05 AM

Rosie Perera:
In carrying out their necessary self-defense, may the Ukrainians treat captured Russian soldiers with mercy. May Russian solders see kindness and humanity in the eyes of their "enemy" and realize this is an unnecessary war started on false pretexts. May people in Putin's inner circle have changes of heart and be able to turn him away from this course of insanity. And may Putin himself repent of this evil and turn to the only One who can give him a true inheritance that is worth more than all the territory or earthly glory he seeks.

Amen!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3576
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2022 9:47 AM

Yes

Posts 552
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 4 2022 2:44 AM

Amen..Yes

Posts 6136
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2022 5:33 AM

SineNomine:

For anyone interested, there are a variety of resources about or related to Ukraine sold by Faithlife - https://www.logos.com/search?query=ukraine&sortBy=PriceLow&limit=60&page=1&ownership=all&geographicAvailability=availableToMe

Please note that that search doesn't quite get everything that is relevant. For example, a search for "Ukrainian" will also pick up this Ukrainian New Testament, which is free right now: https://www.logos.com/product/1837/novii-zapovit

“The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.” St. Peter of Alcántara

Posts 519
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2022 10:05 AM

Lets also pray for the Neo-nazis to be driven out of Ukraine's military, as well as the deep-seated corruption of just about everyone, including Zelensky, to be rooted out and exposed so the country can be better positioned to heal and move forward in a way the benefits everyone in the region.

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS