Clicking an English word ONLY highlights corresponding word in NLT, not other translations

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 172
Sharon Hillam | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 22 2022 8:32 AM

I've been reading Mark Ward's Ten Ways to Improve Your Bible Study with Digital Tools, and in it, he talks about clicking on an English word in a Bible version and Logos highlighting the corresponding English word (from the lemma) in whatever other translations you have open.

In the screenshot below, see that I have four Bibles, all linked to "A". Yet, it doesn't matter if I click a word in the NIV, ESV, or the LEB. ONLY the NLT highlights the corresponding word. Is this a bug, is this how it's supposed to work, or do I not have something set wrong? I thought it would highlight the corresponding word in ALL the other Bibles.

Blogger/Teacher and former WORDsearch user who is LOVING LOGOS!

Posts 12634
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 22 2022 8:50 AM

Sharon Hillam:
if I click a word in the NIV, ESV, or the LEB. ONLY the NLT highlights the corresponding word. Is this a bug, is this how it's supposed to work, or do I not have something set wrong? I thought it would highlight the corresponding word in ALL the other Bibles.

Are you sure the Visual Filter is set to show "Corresponding Selection" in all those bibles?

EDIT screenshots:

With the filter set in the "receiving" bibles, selection in NIV shows in LEB, ESV and also my German-language Luther2017:

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 172
Sharon Hillam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 22 2022 9:28 AM

NB.Mick:
Are you sure the Visual Filter is set to show "Corresponding Selection" in all those bibles?

That's what I was missing. No. I didn't. Thanks, NB! I'm signed up to watch a Morris Proctor webinar TODAY on visual filters. I'm sure he will cover this as I'm not clear on what to use for what. Right now, I have it set to show same lemmas, but may need to change the option. Thanks, again!

Blogger/Teacher and former WORDsearch user who is LOVING LOGOS!

Posts 12634
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 22 2022 9:35 AM

Glad to hear it's working now for you! YesCool

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS