The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 745
Christian Alexander | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 25 2022 9:23 AM

What is the primary purpose of this book? The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge by Jerome H. Smith

Posts 628
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2022 9:55 AM

Cross references

Posts 745
Christian Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2022 9:57 AM

How does this enhance my software in Logos? I do not see any major importance for me needing this book.

Posts 3433
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2022 10:07 AM

Scripture interprets scripture

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 1980
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2022 11:03 AM

A good article on why cross-references like those found in the New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge are important:

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/cross-references-unsung-heroes-bible-reading/

Posts 1318
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2022 12:16 PM

Levi Durfey:

A good article on why cross-references like those found in the New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge are important:

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/cross-references-unsung-heroes-bible-reading/

"Looking up cross references might seem overwhelming—are we supposed to devote hours to this? No, in fact I’ve never looked up every reference on a page of my Bible, nor would I suggest this to anyone starting out. Whatever your daily regimen of Bible reading, look up one or two cross references each day. Start small."

Clearly, the writer is not Logosian! An NTSK with a CitedBy is fully capable of thousands per miniute. At least!

But more seriously, I wonder if the Massorah were first?

Posts 9024
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2022 12:17 PM

Cross references are a must for sermon prep! I have it in English and Spanish. I wish we had The Ultimate version in Logos 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 1169
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2022 1:21 PM

DAL:

Cross references are a must for sermon prep!...

I agree. Cross references that are intelligently compiled by a real person are invaluable. If all you're looking for are simple word occurrences, doing a word search will get you there. But if you're looking for a curated list of relevant passages - regardless of the specific words used - then you need cross-references.

Posts 173
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2022 4:18 PM

DAL:

Cross references are a must for sermon prep! I have it in English and Spanish. I wish we had The Ultimate version in Logos 👍😁👌

DAL

I agree. The Ultimate version would be wonderful!

Posts 35843
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2022 4:26 PM

Put your vote where your fingers type The Ultimate Cross-Reference Treasury | Faithlife

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9024
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2022 4:42 PM

MJ. Smith:

But your vote where your fingers type The Ultimate Cross-Reference Treasury | Faithlife

Thanks! But with mine it only went up to 26 votes 😞

Posts 2380
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 26 2022 3:22 AM

DAL:

MJ. Smith:

But your vote where your fingers type The Ultimate Cross-Reference Treasury | Faithlife

Thanks! But with mine it only went up to 26 votes 😞

Then it's gone up 10 votes in about 10 hours.  It's now at 36!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1159
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 26 2022 7:05 AM

MJ. Smith:

Put your vote where your fingers type The Ultimate Cross-Reference Treasury | Faithlife

I let my fingers do my talking!!!  Add it quickly!

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 5978
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2022 5:52 PM

Joseph Turner:
Then it's gone up 10 votes in about 10 hours.  It's now at 36!

Over fifty now.

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & save others time. Thanks!

Posts 3522
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2022 9:52 AM

I'll plus one the vote!

Posts 6005
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2022 5:02 PM

I was already in the count but so I couldn't push it past 64 votes.

Posts 2845
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2022 10:01 PM

I added mine. This is a peach of usefulness. The current work was in my first Logos package and it was on my shelf in bound book. Something I would never sell!

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS