Welcome, Mark Barnes!

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 3271
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 1 2022 8:57 PM

I'm excited to announce that Mark Barnes joined the Faithlife team today as Product Manager of Bible Study Tools and will oversee the desktop, web, and mobile applications for Logos and Verbum.

Bob handed the reins to me in early 2015 after we shipped Logos 6 in late 2014, and it's been a joy to lead as the product manager for the last seven years overseeing Logos 6.x, 7, 8, 9, and (preparation for) 10.

As Faithlife grows and expands into new areas (including inclusive access textbooks for higher-education, church curriculum, and more), it's becoming increasingly obvious that I can no longer function as the product manager for our flagship product and effectively lead our overall product strategy forward.

When I stepped back to think about who to pass the reins to for Logos, Mark was the first person to come to mind. He's well known and loved in the forums, having served as an MVP for many years and contributed to this community well through his training videos, commentary collections, product expertise, general guidance, and various technical solutions he's built on the side.

His background and experience in IT, pastoral ministry, and higher-education as both a student and lecturer, his skill as an exegete and expositor, his excellence as a communicator and trainer, his expertise with Logos, and his heart for the global church make him well-suited to lead Logos forward and build on our 30-years of serving Bible students worldwide.

Mark and I share in common our love for the product and active engagement in this community prior to joining Faithlife, which gives us a special appreciation for you all. I have every confidence that Mark will carry the torch well as the new champion for our Logos users.

Please join me in welcoming Mark and congratulating him on his new role.

Posts 2582
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2022 9:12 PM

Wow! Great choice. Congratulations and welcome Mark!

Posts 64
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2022 9:13 PM

Congratulations, Mark!

Posts 39
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2022 9:22 PM

Excellent choice! Mark will do great in this role Yes

Posts 430
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2022 9:28 PM

Huge win for all here. Congrats!

Posts 737
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2022 10:12 PM

What a wonderful career trajectory for the glory of God, the Logos Team, and us students of the Word! We're proud of Mark and grateful to Phil.

Posts 6010
Simon’s Brother | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2022 10:13 PM

Congratulations Mark. Great to have you in this role.

Posts 19699
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2022 10:26 PM

Congratulations, Mark! Will you be relocating to Bellingham?

And best to you, Phil, as you broaden the scope of your leadership. Thank you for all you've done in shaping Logos to be what it is today.

Posts 751
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2022 10:41 PM

Hearty congratulations to both Mark and Phil.  Exciting news!

Posts 1753
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2022 10:56 PM

I am happy to see this, congratulations to Mark and Phil.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 11

Posts 26051
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2022 11:11 PM

This is so great to hear.

Congratulations Mark and many blessing in your new role

And Phil - thanks for all you have done over the years and look forward to where you take things as you move into this wider role.

Posts 2859
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2022 11:22 PM

This sounds great. I am delighted to see Mark step up to the plate for Logos and Faithlife.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 737
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2022 12:29 AM

Congratulations!

Posts 3267
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2022 12:42 AM

Congratulations! 

To Mark,Faithlife and the Forums. It  is a great Joy to have Mark in Faithlife. It is a great Joy for all of us. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3267
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2022 12:44 AM

Graham Criddle:

This is so great to hear.

Congratulations Mark and many blessing in your new role

And Phil - thanks for all you have done over the years and look forward to where you take things as you move into this wider role.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 57
LogosEmployee
Mark Barnes (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2022 1:39 AM

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome. Joining the Faithlife team to oversee the Logos and Verbum apps is a fantastic privilege. I'm excited by what I've already seen behind the scenes and even more excited to be able to spend more time in this wonderful community. I've really missed that over the last two years, and it's great to be back!

It will take me a little while to get up to speed, but once I'm settled in, I'll be spending plenty of time here, reading your comments, frustrations, suggestions, and successes. By doing so, I hope to help you all contribute to making Verbum and Logos Bible Software even better tools for studying and applying the Bible – better for you and better for thousands of other users.

Posts 57
LogosEmployee
Mark Barnes (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2022 1:59 AM

Rosie Perera:
Congratulations, Mark! Will you be relocating to Bellingham?

Thank you, Rosie. I'll be working remotely from the UK.

Posts 9172
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2022 2:05 AM

This is awesome! Huge congratulations to Mark Barnes!

DAL

Posts 5996
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2022 2:29 AM

Well done Phil and Mark. Great decision making. May every blessing fall on you in your Kingdom building work.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 347
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2022 3:09 AM

Congratulations, Mark.  And good for you, Phil.

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS