Page 1 of 3 (57 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 56 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 18
Glenn | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 23 2022 3:04 PM

Anybody know when Logos 10 will be out? Anybody know what kinds of new features it will have?

Posts 30839
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2022 3:36 PM

FL does not "pre-announce." With that said, they have been on a two year release cycle. This fall is a good estimate. As for what new features it will have... we won't know until then. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 36342
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2022 3:38 PM

Relax ... following precedent it will be out this fall. mid-to-late summer there might be teasers from the top brass as to what is in it. Beta testers keep their mouths shut until release because features may be in testing but not ready in time for release. My own guesses without the assistance of a crystal ball are (a) some sort of lesson maker to replace the WordSearch feature as it is marked as in progress on FeedBear (b) yet another attempt to simplify some portion of the Search function because this has been part of the past several new releases and (c) none of the issues that really bother me because that is the norm.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2760
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2022 4:32 PM

Glenn:
Logos 10

This thread has 5 pages of speculation - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/195361/1129319.aspx#1129319 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1484
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2022 7:01 PM

David Thomas:

Glenn:
Logos 10

This thread has 5 pages of speculation - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/195361/1129319.aspx#1129319 

Well, started as a joke anyway Wink

WIN 11 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 463
chris b | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2022 5:38 AM

I really hope FL doesn't jack up the price because greedy publishers (including FL) want to compensate for the US dollar becoming monopoly money. :D

Posts 5996
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2022 6:49 AM

Chris:

I really hope FL doesn't jack up the price because greedy publishers (including FL) want to compensate for the US dollar becoming monopoly money. :D

There is always a problem with 'jacking up the price' when it starts at Zero. Those 'greedy publishers' might want to increase it by 100%!

And where would that get them?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 798
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2022 7:19 AM

I really hope they do something with prioritization. It has been clunky for years.

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2022 8:33 AM

Jerry Bush:

I really hope they do something with prioritization. It has been clunky for years.

In what way Jerry?

Posts 30839
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2022 9:48 AM

David Taylor Jr:
In what way Jerry?

Not Jerry, but for one: No organization. You should be able to sort and organize the prioritization list. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2022 12:20 PM

JT (alabama24):

David Taylor Jr:
In what way Jerry?

Not Jerry, but for one: No organization. You should be able to sort and organize the prioritization list. 

Right, the standard grievance, I didn't know if there was anything else I may not have thought of. I too wish it was sortable, etc. Though not sure that is my priority for what I would like Faithlife to work on.

Posts 30
David De Haan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2022 8:55 PM

I would like to see a clear "breakout" of the prioritized list of resources associated to particular types.

Posts 1067
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2022 7:06 AM

David De Haan:

I would like to see a clear "breakout" of the prioritized list of resources associated to particular types.

Same here. It's hard to see what's in the list and what categories I've got covered. If this were implemented, that status could be shown in the information pane about the resource in the library.

Posts 798
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2022 8:00 AM

David Taylor Jr:

Jerry Bush:

In what way Jerry?

For pretty much the reasons above. I wish there was a separate tool with sections for Dictionaries, Commentaries, etc. There has to be a way to make it easier to use.

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 1177
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2022 8:23 AM

David Taylor Jr:

JT (alabama24):

David Taylor Jr:
In what way Jerry?

Right, the standard grievance, I didn't know if there was anything else I may not have thought of. I too wish it was sortable, etc. Though not sure that is my priority for what I would like Faithlife to work on.

It would also be nice if prioritization could be guided. I'm thinking of Pandora's model: users who used similar books as you do prioritized these commentaries, these dictionaries, etc. Then what you prioritize would fine-tune future recommendations. It does run the risk of becoming a locked cycle where early high rankings are self-reinforcing (like the website BestCommentaries.com or the US News and World Report College Rankings), but I think a well-prioritized library is such a tremendous benefit that making it as easy as possible for people makes sense.

Posts 9
Mark VanOuse | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2022 7:12 AM

Very much agree! And it doesn't take much. Maybe different colors for the different types of resources...

Posts 1644
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2022 8:54 AM

Mark VanOuse:

Very much agree! And it doesn't take much. Maybe different colors for the different types of resources...

Not disagreeing per se'.  But when they simplified Libronix (the old L3), in favor of 'prioritizing' in the library pane, they also dummied it down to guesswork.

By and large for most users, Bibles, lexicons, dictionaries, and commentaries cover the waterfront. But the actual indices, even back in Libronix days, is considerably more complicated.  

Libronix had a pane at least to show which resources had which indices.  Logos4 onward doesn't. At best, there's the clickable textbox for a resource, the arrow-key to suggest matches while using a resource, and almost the add-tab choice (which limits within a resource).

Examples where you have to click-and-check: Josephus, Philo, Pseudepigrapha, church-fathers, DSS, and specific individuals, like Jubilees, Enoch, etc.

Definitely improve prioritization, but include what-matches-what to be prioritized.

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2022 1:03 PM

I pray that Logos 10 incorporates ZipScript from WordSearch... or has something like it to insert biblical text into document in Logos or outside of Logos such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and others.

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2022 1:16 PM

xnman:

I pray that Logos 10 incorporates ZipScript from WordSearch... or has something like it to insert biblical text into document in Logos or outside of Logos such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and others.

Ok, can you please explain ZipScript to me? I've seen it mentioned several times but can't find anything about it.

Posts 9172
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2022 2:17 AM

Glenn:

Anybody know when Logos 10 will be out? Anybody know what kinds of new features it will have?

Nobody ever really knows.  It’s a 2 year cycle release but dates change, they’re not really consistent. It could be Some time between August and November.  Leaked information usually happens a few days before release date. Stay tuned!

DAL

Page 1 of 3 (57 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS