Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 56 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 133
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2022 10:59 PM

MacDonald's is the most popular and successful hamburger in the world, yet there are thousands of better burgers. Same for some computer applications. 

A Slave of Christ, Cancelled by Culture, Affirmed by God! HCSB, yes I am that guy!

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2022 6:46 AM

Dal...

I hope you use Logos  copy and paste.... and I wish you well with it...

Hope you can say the same as I use ZipScript.

But that's up to you....

And this conversation is ended by me.

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2022 4:55 PM

xnman:

I hit 2 keys and type in a verse  and hit inter and the verse is pasted into what I am working with .... formatted the way I want it.....  you 2 click copy doesn't come close...  I never close ZipScript.... I use it that much.  

Thank you very much!

Edit:  I tried Logos copy and paste.... I  just prefer a better way.

You can format copy verses how you want too.... 

https://wiki.logos.com/Copy_Bible_Verses#Copy_Bible_Verses_Styles 

Posts 9171
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2022 5:49 PM

David Taylor Jr:

xnman:

I hit 2 keys and type in a verse  and hit inter and the verse is pasted into what I am working with .... formatted the way I want it.....  you 2 click copy doesn't come close...  I never close ZipScript.... I use it that much.  

Thank you very much!

Edit:  I tried Logos copy and paste.... I  just prefer a better way.

You can format copy verses how you want too.... 

https://wiki.logos.com/Copy_Bible_Verses#Copy_Bible_Verses_Styles 

Like he himself has said “SOME PEOPLE” are set in their old ways.  I just hope he familiarizes himself with the true power and versatility of Copy Verse before Zscript stops working — though my prayer is the “run in the background” functionality gets implemented to be like that of Zscript; though as stated in another thread, there’s already a quick access to that as long as Logos is running in the background…CRTL + ALT + B it’s all a matter of getting familiar with it.

DAL

Posts 133
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 5:09 AM

Zipscript also does not require any keystrokes of your keyboard, it can be completely used and accessed by mouse clicks, something you can not do with Copy Bible Verse.  I use Logos Copy Bible Verse and Visual Copy extensively along with the Media Tool everyday, and get great results, but none of that negates the value and utility of Zipscript. 

A Slave of Christ, Cancelled by Culture, Affirmed by God! HCSB, yes I am that guy!

Posts 9171
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 5:38 AM

skypeace:

Zipscript also does not require any keystrokes of your keyboard, it can be completely used and accessed by mouse clicks, something you can not do with Copy Bible Verse.  I use Logos Copy Bible Verse and Visual Copy extensively along with the Media Tool everyday, and get great results, but none of that negates the value and utility of Zipscript. 

Hey, you never know, maybe all Copy Verse needs is a plug-in to be able to run in the background! Hopefully it gets implemented 👌

DAL

Posts 133
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 12:07 PM

DAL:

skypeace:

Hey, you never know, maybe all Copy Verse needs is a plug-in to be able to run in the background! Hopefully it gets implemented 👌

DAL

Indeed, making Logos a better experience is always a good objective. It has seen vast improvement since its LLS days. 

Posts 133
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 12:07 PM

DAL:

skypeace:

DAL

Indeed, making Logos a better experience is always a good objective. It has seen vast improvement since its LLS days. 

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 7:05 PM

skypeace:

DAL:

skypeace:

DAL

Aaaah!! The blending of both worlds to have a better world!  I'll vote for that! Geeked

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 1397
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 8:13 PM

Mike Binks:

Can someone explain why they would close the program on a regular enough basis to make opening it a chore?

From this side it seems an odd hobby to indulge in. Logos gets restarted enough for updates without restarting it arbitrarily. Most of the time it sits in my rightmost workspace and simply waits to spring into action. It springs into action with a single click only because the homepage seems to wander off if not paid attention to. :-(

[Windows experience here.] When I had an older system, I closed Logos frequently whenever I needed to free up memory for other applications. Restarting then was a pain because of how slow it was to load. Now that I have a newer system with plenty of memory and an SSD, it stays open all the time*, and I have "Copy Bible Verses" open in all of my layouts so it's handy if I suddenly need it.

*Chrome is now the memory hog that gets shut if I feel I need a little more free RAM. Oh, is it ever a hog.

Posts 9171
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2022 5:39 AM

xnman:

skypeace:

DAL:

skypeace:

DAL

Aaaah!! The blending of both worlds to have a better world!  I'll vote for that! Geeked

I‘d call it a Hybrid Copy & Paste with visuals (Visual copy) 👍

DAL

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2022 5:41 AM

If I am understanding what Dal said.... I think he said.... you could use "Ctrl - Alt - B" and pop up Copy Verse and not have to have it opened all the time.

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2022 5:43 AM

xnman:

If I am understanding what Dal said.... I think he said.... you could use "Ctrl - Alt - B" and pop up Copy Verse and not have to have it opened all the time.

Correct but Logos needs to be running.

Posts 5993
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2022 6:14 AM

xnman:

From (less than) extensive (couple of minutes) testing...

Logos needs to be running, have the focus, and you have to be in the same workspace.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2022 2:04 PM

Mike Binks:

xnman:

I can get it to work as long as it is running, no focus or workspace necesasry

Logos needs to be running, have the focus, and you have to be in the same workspace.

Posts 5993
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2022 1:23 AM

David Taylor Jr:

David Taylor Jr:

David Taylor Jr:
I can get it to work as long as it is running, no focus or workspace necesasry

Perchance a Windows facility yet to be integrated into the MacOS version?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 647
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2022 3:59 AM

Mark VanOuse:

Very much agree! And it doesn't take much. Maybe different colors for the different types of resources...

You've hit on something there and it is colours! I'm still amazed at how Logos insists on leaving out different colours for various panes. Online Bible has done this since it began and here we are in 2022 and we still don't have that feature in Logos. Astounding! 

MSI Katana GF76 Intel Core i7-12700H, RTX3060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 11 Home

Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS