Videos have stuttering glitchy video when starting

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 8
Benjamin Hodge | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 25 2022 9:22 AM

For well over a year now we’ve been dealing with an issue in Proclaim on our Windows PC that we use for live-streaming in which any video in the presentation will have a weird glitch in the first several seconds. This happens every time, regardless of video file format or duration. If the  Video item is configured to loop, it only does it the first time through while it’s on that item. If I click off and then click back on the item, it will happen again.

We have 2 PCs side by side, one for livestream, the other for the in-house projector.  I have run Windows Update  over and over on both until there were no more updates to install. Both are running the same latest  version of Proclaim. (As of 3/24/22)

The livestream PC is a newer machine. It’s a Ryzen 7 1700x machine, with a ASUS Prime X370-Pro motherboard, and a GeForce GTX 1050Ti video card.

The older PC we use for the projector is an AMD FX-4100 Zambezi  machine, with a ASUS M5A97 motherboard, and Radeon HD 6670 video card.

This video glitch is only present on the Ryzen system. I cannot remember this  system ever NOT having this problem. It would be great to not have  it anymore.

Including a  video link of the problem happening. 

https://youtu.be/WwNJibiMeGI

Posts 36051
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2022 5:15 PM

bumping in hopes of getting a response 3

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4
Benjamin Hodge | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 3 2022 2:10 AM

I got this email from their support team:

Thanks for reaching out. Proclaim uses the local media player of your computer to playback video. It's therefore odd to me that this issue is not being produced in Windows Media Player as that is the local media player for Windows. Either way, can you make sure to update Windows Media player as this is often the culprit on windows machine for odd playback issues. For some reason Windows Media Player doesn't update with the operating system so here are some steps for this:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17615/windows-media-player-12 

I followed these instructions but it didn’t change anything. Then they asked me specifically what presentations and videos it affects. It affects all videos service items.  Song service items with videos as a looping background don’t exhibit this same glitch.  I assume they are looking into it since they asked for specific presentations and slides.

Posts 826
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2022 5:53 PM

Hi Benamin, 

I was just following up with CS to see where we were with this.

Could you go to Settings > General within Proclaim and temporarily disable 'hardware acceleration'?

This will most likely make Proclaim behave worse however, if the video no longer does that weird glitch, it help us narrow down where the issue is occurring. 

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 4
Ridgeview Media | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2022 9:10 AM

I am having this same issue as well. I'm using a GTX 1660Ti and it does it consistently. I have tried on another machine with an AMD RX6500 xt and it handled it fine without glitching. The GPU usage on the 1660 Ti spikes up and down like crazy while playing videos.  The 5600 does not.

Posts 4
Benjamin Hodge | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2022 9:17 AM

Jordan,

I gave this a try, but unfortunately nothing changed.

Benjamin

Posts 4
Ridgeview Media | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2022 5:30 AM

I would wonder if it is some weird thing with Nvidia Graphics cards? Mine does it on our Nvidia system but not on an AMD one. 

Posts 826
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2022 12:47 PM

That is odd, I'll see if I can track down an Nvidia card to test with. My personal PC has an AMD card too and is fine.

Can you both try to download the latest drivers directly from Nvidia? Outdated drivers or mismatches with your current OS have definitely caused issues in the past. 

Posts 4
Benjamin Hodge | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2022 12:55 PM

I actually did that a couple of weeks ago when I first reached out to Support. I believe Sean is the one who had me try that. At the same time I also made sure Windows 10 was up to date, updated the BIOS, and uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Media Player. No change unfortunately.

Posts 87
Sean Metcalfe(Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2022 1:06 PM

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry to be redundant but I do want to clarify that when you update your drivers windows gives a "recommended" automatic option and then an option to download from Nvidia's website manually. In this case Jordan is recommending the latter to go to Nvidia's website, is that what you had done?

Here is the link for their drivers if you have not already been there: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/

Posts 4
Benjamin Hodge | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2022 1:11 PM

Sorry, I forgot to clarify: yes I downloaded the driver updates directly from Nvidia.

Posts 17
Brandon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2022 6:43 PM

Sorry for piggybacking on this, but same issue. I have checked the driver version and have the most recent.

I opened the same video directly in Windows Media Player and have no issue with any of it glitching/freezing or otherwise. It's very smooth.

The interesting thing is that when I use Proclaim on the Nvidia system, the 3D part of the GPU monitor is going crazy and rising and falling for GPU usage. It will spike up and down and constantly go between 15-50%. If I play the video in Windows Media Player it doesn't go any higher than 30% GPU usage either.

On the AMD GPU the GPU usage is pretty low and also stays very steady without the spikes.

I also don't know if there is any difference between the GTX series and the RTX series on the Nvidia machines.

I have several other machines that handle it just fine. I have been able to test on a MacBook with Intel Iris Plus and a newer Windows Machine with Iris Xe and they both handle it without issue.

Posts 4
Ridgeview Media | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 1 2022 12:18 PM

I don't know if anyone else is still having issues, but I tried to open some videos in Windows Media Player directly and it did the same thing with the lagging and blacking out for a bit.

I removed and re-installed the most up to date version of Windows Media Player and it still did it.

It does not do it in other applications that can play video files.

VLC Media Player does it fine and plays without glitch or issue.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Posts 826
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 1 2022 3:08 PM

Thanks for the info. Do you know if you have an Nvidia card like the other reports above?

Posts 4
Ridgeview Media | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 1 2022 8:32 PM

Yes. I’ve tried on a few systems with the same version of WMP too. One is an old one with Intel graphics. HD4000 series. It uses a lot of power on the integrated graphics, but plays them flawlessly. 

It has to be something with the way Windows Media player handles files or something. I don’t use windows media player at all though. 

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS