Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 489
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 28 2022 10:12 AM

We set up the service on Proclaim from our home computers and then on Sunday we go to the church and an Apple Mac runs the Proclaim presentation.

We have never had any issues until last Sunday night (20th) and our service on Sunday morning (27th) - we had no evening service. What has happened in these last two services is the wrong words appear in the praise song in the church Apple Mac even thought the title is correct. When we tried to correct the song, for example He will Hold Me Fast, the words for In Christ Alone appear. 

Please find the attached logs

2816.Proclaim Logs 270322.zip

We are mystified! Thanks for any help

Stephen

Posts 183
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2022 4:05 PM

Thanks for the report and the logs. We'll take a look and get back to you tomorrow with more information.

Posts 489
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2022 1:28 AM

Bump as Sunday is coming soon!!

Posts 183
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2022 10:10 AM

Thanks Stephen.

I took a look at your group and song and it appears that everything is as it should be.

I just sent an email to the address linked with your account to get some more information.

Posts 172
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2022 12:15 PM

I've reported something similar to this in the past. I reuse and edit presentations from week-to-week. After duplicating and renaming I edit the slide contents including five music slides; we always sing five songs in a row, but the song selections change each week. After clicking on the song title in the Service Items list (in the left pane), I single click on the song title in the details pane (near the center of the window) and type in the title of the new song so I can select the correct song from the search list. After I click on the desired song title, what should happen is that the title of the selected song should be automatically copied into the item selected in the Service Item list. Unfortunately, that doesn't occur as planned. What I've noticed is that the name only populates correctly for the forth song item in my Service Items list. For the remaining song items I have to manually type the correct song title into the space in the Service Items list. But when I forget to do that, I end up with a misnamed song, with the wrong set of lyrics, just like you described in your original complaint above. As I said, I reported this to Proclaim support some time ago, but it apparently hasn't been fixed yet.

Posts 489
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2022 12:52 PM

Michael Wright:
I've reported something similar to this in the past

It seems to have been a sync issue to the server which Brandon helped me sort. Maybe he will respond to you.

Posts 183
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2022 2:02 PM

Hi Michael,

Like Stephen mentioned, his issue was a bit different.

I just tried the same steps you provided and everything seems to be working as expected for me. I'll see if I can track down your original report and get more information.

Posts 172
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2022 7:44 PM

I submitted a screen video showing my issue, along with Proclaim log files to the support email address.

Posts 826
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2022 1:42 PM

Michael, this sounds like your service items think they have a 'custom title'

Essentially there are two states, 'default' mode where the title changes as the content changes, and 'custom' mode. 'Custom' mode happens when you manually type in a title (like you are doing for the first 3) and this means Proclaim will never try to update them again, as we assume you typed in what you wanted.

To fix this, instead of typing the title yourself, clear the title and hit enter, this should restore the default behavior. As you move forward with duplicating your service, the titles should change as you want without you having to touch them. Just pick your new song in the content pane.

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS