timelines and bibles: question and/or feature request

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 28
David Gregg | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 30 2022 8:29 PM

Good evening folks,

Quick question for you...

With all of the features and information available within Logos, I can't quite figure out how to do something.  and if its not possible, I think it would be a great feature request :)

When I am reading the bible, for example, the book of Acts (or anything other other book really), it would be great if could see what year (or approximate) a particular event or chapter aligned with.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks much!

Posts 1032
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2022 9:51 PM

In my opinion, that would take too much work and it is mostly subjective. Not everyone agrees on the authorship of Biblical books and not everyone agrees on the time frame something was written. You can always type the book of the Bible that you are studying in the Factbook and then explore the Bible Book Guide section which has a lot of details for discussion on dates

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/therealkpang

Posts 724
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2022 10:18 PM

We could choose from a list the same way that we choose a citation style and so many other things.

Posts 28
David Gregg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2022 10:22 PM

Exactly.  Or a visual filter or notes...  

Posts 28
David Gregg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2022 10:24 PM

Yes, but not as convenient as I imagine it could be implemented.  At any rate, regarding subjectiveness, that pretty much applies to all resources.  We have to pick and choose our preferences all the time anyway.

Posts 1032
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2022 3:35 PM

Yes, there is a lot of subjectiveness, I agree. Which is why it is hard to implement something like that. I don't think it is a bad idea per se, it just feels like it would be hard to accomplish with the varying opinions on authorship, dating, etc. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/therealkpang

Posts 724
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2022 4:26 PM

In another software, I was able to purchase the second edition of the Reece Chronological Bible. I choose the Reece bible as a parallel Bible and can click over a see a date at the head of almost every pericope.

Reece second edition is different than first edition, never mind other authors. I would like to click on dates the same way that I can click on commentaries. I understand that they are opinions.

The bigger issue is that when you really start looking at most timelines published, they are incomplete and even contradictory.  I have been amazed at all the sneaky little tricks that authors have used to throw around some dates without having really worked out a complete and finished chronology for every major Biblical event, never mind every chapter.

Posts 356
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2022 6:03 AM

Is that in a collection, or is it in a book alone? Not finding it in Logos?

Curious :) 

Posts 5090
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2022 7:23 AM

Ralph Mauch:

Is that in a collection, or is it in a book alone? Not finding it in Logos?

Curious :) 

That I do not know but if you search the files forum for Reese there is a lectionary and reading plan in there. I believe that is where this was taken from.

Posts 356
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2022 6:42 AM

Mattillo:
That I do not know but if you search the files forum for Reese there is a lectionary and reading plan in there. I believe that is where this was taken from.

Thank you!

Posts 1033
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2022 3:53 PM

David G.:

Maybe not in a linked way (ie automatically), but manually could timeline help?

https://www.logos.com/features/timeline 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS