Suggestion: The Chosen

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2932
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 9 2022 3:26 AM

Watch | The Chosen (angelstudios.com)

It would be awesome to watch it on Faithlife TV.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 1486
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2022 11:22 AM

I imagine the rights and royalties would be the issue to be solved. 

WIN 11 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 19701
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2022 2:58 PM

Forgive my naivete. I'm not much of a TV person (though I've seen and loved the first season of The Chosen).

If one can already watch it free online in one place, why does one need to also be able to watch it somewhere else?

Posts 1486
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2022 3:23 PM

My guess is having religious programming all in one channel?

WIN 11 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 2932
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2022 3:30 PM

Correct. Season 2 is only viewable through the app. Having it on FLTV makes it instantly accessible on PC, TV, and mobile. Less hassle, much easier.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 19701
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2022 8:48 PM

Jan Krohn:
Season 2 is only viewable through the app.

Not anymore. It was released to mainstream at least a couple of months ago. I can see it via my browser now.

Posts 608
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2022 3:37 AM

Well, one thought is that by it being purchased for use on Faithlife, it would contribute to continue helping to fud its development. I must admit it is truly an OUSTANDING take on the gospels and my husband and I have supported the cause. My particular favourite was their initial offering, "The Shepherd", made one Christmas. If you have never seen it, GO WATCH IT, WATCH IT NOW!! Big Smile That's what I'm about to do... again! :)

Posts 3350
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2022 10:02 AM

Really the show is pathetic 

Posts 19701
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2022 12:29 PM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:
Well, one thought is that by it being purchased for use on Faithlife, it would contribute to continue helping to fud its development.

I think they have purposely not wanted to sell it to a distributor because they don't want any outside influence controlling the direction of the project. That's why it has been entirely crowdfunded to date. But only 5% of the people who view it contribute anything. It's great that so many can see it for free who might not be able to afford it, but I think those who could afford to donate even $5 or 10 really should, and those who could afford more should to. Millions of people are viewing it and if you multiply that by $10 it would help the filmmakers get another season completed. People don't think twice about paying $10 or $15 to go to a single 90-minute movie in person, but when it comes to content streamed to their computer, they think it ought to be free.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS