Can't Access Compton's Encyclopedia Media

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5130
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 12 2022 7:32 PM
How do I access the media included in this resource? The description mentions images and videos but I don’t see them in my library or my media tool. I can see some images in the resource itself but how would I access the videos?

https://www.logos.com/product/179186/comptons-encyclopedia

Overview

This reliable reference work includes over 19,000 articles, 5,000 images, and 200 videos. It provides an excellent jumping-off point for your research and is ideal for family use.

I see that the below exists but I don’t own it as it didn’t come with the encyclopedia which is odd (and silly if on purpose).

https://www.logos.com/product/179187/comptons-encyclopedia
Posts 30668
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2022 8:05 PM

Mattillo:
How do I access the media included in this resource?

In my library, there is a resource called "Compton's (Media)". When I open it, a list of entries is presented. Clicking on one streams the video. I can verify that it works on my desktop app on Mac, but not on the iPad app on my Mac. 

Mattillo:
I see that the below exists but I don’t own it as it didn’t come with the encyclopedia which is odd (and silly if on purpose).

This resource was problematic for FL. When they first offered it, the number of articles and media was vast... but there was a snafu between the publisher and FL. I don't remember what exactly came of it, but I think they stopped selling it. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5130
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2022 8:09 PM

It seems I don’t have the media resource. I purchased the Factbook collection which included Comptons but not the companion Media resource. My complaint is that the description for Comptons seems to state that it should be included. I’ll see what CS has to say I guess

Posts 12
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2022 8:01 AM

[There is a way to get it but it will cost you at least $100]

This product is only available for purchase in one of the collections below.

This title is included in the following collections

You can save when you purchase this product as part of a collection.

Posts 5130
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2022 8:45 AM

Thank You Steve. I did see that option.  

I still feel it is ridiculous that Logos sells the Compton's Encyclopedia but doesn't include the Compton's Encyclopedia (Media) content with it. Instead it is locked into the Encyclopedia Britannica collection (which has its own media). The product page does (or at least did) state it comes with media and video. Now from what I understand this is due to a contract (or rights) issue but whoever made this contract did it poorly.  Content that belongs to a resource should go with it and not locked into a package 4x its price. 

Edit: Yes I know the package includes all four resources but when they added Comptons to the Factbook collection, the media should have gone with it.

I could be wrong and I'm sure some will disagree. Buyer beware.

Posts 3536
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2022 9:56 AM

JT (alabama24):
there was a snafu between the publisher and FL. I don't remember what exactly came of it,
Here is the thread that covered this issue. Phil was the point man involved with handling righting the ship, I start the thread at his response to the many complaints these resources generated. Bob pens an extensive apology at the top of pg. 12. The link is below.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/117294/770418.aspx#770418 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 20
LogosEmployee
Mitch Snyder (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2022 10:53 AM

We're looking into the issue and hope to have a fix by the end of the day. Sorry about that Mattillo!

Posts 5130
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2022 11:47 AM

Mitch Snyder (Faithlife):

We're looking into the issue and hope to have a fix by the end of the day. Sorry about that Mattillo!

Thank you Mr. Snyder

Posts 5130
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2022 5:40 PM

I want to thank Faithlife for fixing this and unlocking the media collection. I know I didn’t express my thoughts in the best way I should have but Faithlife fixed it like an amazing company does so thank you. 

Shoutouts to Joe McCune and Mitch Snyder

Posts 549
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2022 4:16 AM

Mattillo:

I want to thank Faithlife for fixing this and unlocking the media collection. I know I didn’t express my thoughts in the best way I should have but Faithlife fixed it like an amazing company does so thank you. 

Shoutouts to Joe McCune and Mitch Snyder

Yes, a big THANK YOU to Faithlife & team.Yes 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS