Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 35 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 666
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2022 11:07 AM

Nothing to be sorry about (no broken rules or anything Wink)... just a warning for your own protection...

Have a blessed day...

Posts 16
William Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2022 11:15 AM

Very funny. I heard that prostitutes wore lipstick to let men know they did oral sex. That isn't my thing. I am a eunuch for Christ and am celibate. Sex isn't worth going to Hell for.

All joking aside, we all want to beat the devil and we can but the first devil you have to beat is the one in the mirror. If you can beat that one the others will flee from you.

Mine is a booger bear and I could use some help with that one.

Posts 5997
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2022 11:28 AM

William Durham:
I heard that prostitutes wore lipstick to let men know they did oral sex.

I always get mixed up with the definitions of incredible, credulous, and implausible so I am unable to comment.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 2142
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2022 6:43 PM

Wordsearch 10 is unfortunately long dead, and I don’t see Wordsearch 10 coming forth in a resurrection. Wordsearch 12 was the final version produced by Lifeway, and even it is no longer supported.

The main option I recommend is downloading Logos 9 Basic or contacting Faithlife Customer Care to see what version of Logos 9 you qualify for due to owning Wordsearch 10. That should give you the KJV, any other books you owned in Wordsearch 10 (if they were registered with Lifeway’s system before the acquisition), a handful of additional free books, and the basic Bible searching you need.

Logos 9 is a little complex, so you may want to watch some of the free training videos on searching to get it down.

The other option I hate to recommend on a Logos forums site, but while you’re learning Logos 9, you could also install a backup Bible app for the KJV and basic searching. e-Sword might do what you need in its free basic version. I keep it around as a backup in case there’s a reason I need a quick Bible search and I’m having an issue with Logos. I also keep Accordance around as well. I’ve masted Bible searching in all three apps (just as I also did with Wordsearch when I had it) so if one app does happen to glitch, I can still perform basic Bible searching without skipping a beat.

Nathan Parker

Posts 9173
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2022 7:23 PM

Mike Binks:

William Durham:
I heard that prostitutes wore lipstick to let men know they did oral sex.

I always get mixed up with the definitions of incredible, credulous, and implausible so I am unable to comment.

When I was a kid I was told “oral sex” was “talking about sex over the phone” because people “talked” about it “orally.” It was like taking an “oral exam” the teacher asked the questions and you answered verbally as opposed to having a written exam 😂😂😂 The lies we were told to keep us from knowing too much at such a young age!  I remember during the Clinton—Monica dilemma, many parents were upset about it because they didn’t know how to explain to their kids what ”oral sex” was.  I just wanted to give them my story so they wouldn’t feel so stressed out about how to answer 😂😂😂

Anyway, why is this being discussed here? 🤔

DAL

Posts 16
William Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2022 9:22 PM

Sorry, there was a troll that brought it up and disappeared.

Posts 5997
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2022 12:36 AM

DAL:
Anyway, why is this being discussed here? 🤔

Actually it isn't being discussed - 10 days or so the subject wisely got dropped.

Perhaps we should have a campaign to make the date of the last post in a thread more conspicuous. Sometimes we have threads revived years after the last post and treated as if the subject was relevant in the current context.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 6
Edward Cobb | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2022 10:58 AM

William,

I have the setup to WS Bible 9, 10, and 11. Duo to a Logo Rep giving misinformation saying it will not work on Win 10, I threw my CD's away. NEVER trust Logo Rep's again. Not sure if that will work for you but worth a try. I LOVED my WS Bible and had it for 20 yrs.

Ed

Posts 6
Edward Cobb | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2022 12:00 PM

Nathan,

You need to understand the difference between "not supported" and "it will still work anyway" while one is LEARNING how to navigate through Logos 9. There are things Logos just cannot do that WS Bible does do. Like a simple search of a word by the Strong's Concordance number <H1961> and get all the verse associated with that number. I have not seen Logos do this yet in all their videos. That was a POWERFUL TOOL for me. PLUS IT WORKED ON MY WIN 10 OS. I have both Logos 9 and e-Sword but none of them can do this. I am not sure why they did not make Logos so it could do this simple little POWERFUL search.

Bec of the misinformation of a Logos Rep telling me it WOULD NOT WORK which was NOT correct. I threw away my WS Bible Library CD's that I safely guarded for over 20 yrs until NOW bec of a Logos Rep. The damage CANNOT be reversed, it is DONE unless by some BIG miracle someone still has the library CD's to WS Bible that I can upload into my working WS Bible 12 that has no books. I have WS Bible 9, 10, 11 and 12 on my Laptop. I can copy/paste the setup program but I have to load the books separately from the 6 CD's. All the programs work on my Laptop but I cannot transfer the Books unless there is a way to do it. I tried backing it up to transfer them but they do not transfer the whole library.

Ed

Posts 6
Edward Cobb | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2022 12:13 PM

Roy

So true and that is why I made two yahoo emails just for Internet spam. LOL. That is where all my spam goes. LOL.

Ed

Posts 9205
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2022 12:19 PM

Edward Cobb:
There are things Logos just cannot do that WS Bible does do. Like a simple search of a word by the Strong's Concordance number <H1961> and get all the verse associated with that number.

This can be done in Logos:

• Open a Bible Search in your preferred Bible
  • Enter <H1961> as the query and press Enter
  • All the verses containing that Strong's number are shown
  • To export them to a Passage List, open the Panel Menu (click the three dots in the top right) and choose "Save as Passage List"

Posts 6
Edward Cobb | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2022 8:26 PM

Bradley,

Thank you so much.

Just that I guarded those CD's for over 20 yrs just to loose them in one day with absolutely no recourse. I was a little rude to the two Rep's I talked to and it was not their fault. One did give me a big credit on my Logos store for books. I apologized to him in the email he sent me and gave him a great review for being so patient and understanding. Basically, for putting up with me but my loss was huge to me. If there was only a way to extract it from my Laptop and put it into my Win 10 on my desktop. That would be like winning the Lotto or if I could find someone who had the CD library of WS Bible books, also like winning the Lotto.

Thank you,

Ed

Posts 6
Edward Cobb | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2022 8:35 PM

Nathan

I have 3 monitors and a Laptop so I would open WS 12 on left monitor and WS 11 on the right monitor. I would use my 48 in Samsung TV as my middle monitor to open MS Office. A serious Bible studier as being 60 it was my favorite pastime and still is. I am obsessed with studying the Bible AND LOVE DOING IT.

TY,

Ed

Posts 5997
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2022 2:44 AM

Edward Cobb:
There are things Logos just cannot do that WS Bible does do.

I see that Bradley has answered your specific question Edward.

There are folk who would love to help out with all the other things that appear to be lacking in Logos compared with Wordsearch.

Might I suggest that you tackle them by starting a new post in the 'Logos Desktop' forum, one for each issue your find. You might find it more useful to post one issue a week and give yourself time to digest all the information offered.

I'm told that there is a Facebook group that is dedicated to keeping Wordsearch running. If you might be able to source the things you need from there.

One has to decide whether to spend ones time embracing the new or hanging on to the old.

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 681
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2022 8:47 AM

Edward Cobb:

William,

I have the setup to WS Bible 9, 10, and 11. Duo to a Logo Rep giving misinformation saying it will not work on Win 10, I threw my CD's away. NEVER trust Logo Rep's again. Not sure if that will work for you but worth a try. I LOVED my WS Bible and had it for 20 yrs.

Ed

Edward, is it possible for you to CLONE your hard drive with the various WS versions and library to another hard drive or your current one? In my last couple of upgrades, laptop, wise, I had a friend who runs a computer repair/recondition shop who cloned the HD in my older laptop to the new laptop's SSD and it worked exactly the way it did on my old laptop...including WS...and even after WS ceased working on the new laptop, I reverted the Windows OS to a previous version and WS was working just like it used to. Hope this might help you!

Posts 6
Edward Cobb | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2022 10:24 AM

Bill,

TY... I have WS Bible on an old Win 7 Laptop so I cannot clone the HD to a SSD HD Win 10. What I need is to basically extract the WS 12 from my Win 7 Laptop and put it all on my Win 10. I can copy the setup program and move it over but it does not include the library books. I cannot download them nor do I have the CD's any more. It is not just copy/paste the run file but moving or extracting the library with it.

I actually have two OS running on one PC. I have Win 10 for all my study Bible Library and notes and Win 11 for search, email, Fb and anything in general. My Win 10 has Fb Messenger but NO fb. It is not signed into Google or MS in any way, shape or form. It takes only 3 minute to change from one OS to another if I need to. If I need to transfer anything I can do it through my Messenger. On my Win 11, I drop it into my Fb messenger and retrieve it from messenger in Win 10. Pretty slick way to guard your important files using one PC.

So it is not cloning so much as extracting a file.

TY.

Ed

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS