Page 5 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 269 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2009 1:14 PM

No doubt about text comparison, img 36 confirms that. 

As for the P word, my guess is Pronunciation. Making use of the pronounce feature in the exegetical guide? The blur doesn't really fit with pronunciation, but offhand I can't imagine what else it could be. 

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2009 1:14 PM

David Buckham:
Now to figure out what P***************** is.

I'm going with Pronunciation.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2009 1:15 PM

Matt,

My thought was what if it isn't a P or an F but a really blurred C.  Contribution or Collaboration.  This would be like YouVersion.  You share your insights, thoughts, and interact with other users.  Could be really cool.  But I think it is a P or F.  I like the idea of Presentation, though I am not sure how it would be used.

all about Christ,
David

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2009 1:19 PM

Pronuciation would be awesome!!!

all about Christ,

David

all about Christ,

David Buckham

Posts 94
Matt B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2009 3:31 PM

OK, now we need to turn our attention to the new scource code- code. It says, "Yes." What question is this answering? What questions have we asked in this forum between yesterday's post and todays? OR what discoveries did we make that they might be saying "yes" to? Hmm. Hidden sites?

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2009 3:35 PM

Matt,

You realize that much of that is Logos stirring people up and is probably meaningless...

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2009 4:51 PM

Chris Roberts:

You realize that much of that is Logos stirring people up and is probably meaningless...

Chris,

You did see that Logos answered you via the source code.  It kind of has a matrix feel to it.

all about Christ,

David

all about Christ,

David Buckham

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2009 4:59 PM

David,

The comment following (preceding) that one pointed at me gives my answer. Though I don't think them crule so much as cruel.

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2009 5:14 PM

they are sitting on the code, they already changed it.  i knew it because i had a deja vu moment...two black cats walked past me.

and i don't remember the character crule.

all about Christ,
David

Never mind, I actually have the comic that Crule first appeared in, X-Force 12.  I am a nerd...

all about Christ,

David Buckham

Posts 2983
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2009 10:00 PM
Do you see any indication that the iPhone book app has a notes or visual markup feature?

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2009 10:16 PM

There should be notes, according to Pic#40 (entering a note) and #41 (blurred note icon, I think  Smile).  Don't know about highlighting.  If there'd be synchronization of notes (or highlights if it is avaiable) with desktop Logos that would be awesome!

Cheers, Amy

Posts 94
Matt B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2009 9:01 AM

I found another hidden sub-domain, but nothing is on it. beta.logos.com.

Edit: There's some hidden content on it, containing Genesis 1 but the comment explains that it only exists to keep IE-friendly error messages from coming up. *shrugs*

http://beta.logos.com/Error.htm?aspxerrorpath=/

"Adding additional hidden content so that IE Friendly Errors don't prevent

this message from displaying (note: it will show a "friendly" 404
error if the content isn't of a certain size).

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

Posts 14
Troy M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2009 1:39 AM

I've got to vote C) Can't wait to have some home-made apple or pumpkin pie!

Airborne!

Posts 14
Troy M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 11:27 AM

I've always enjoyed anything related to Easter, especially finding things, like anything chocolate, of course jelly beans, and certainly Easter eggs.

-Troy

Perhaps the home button, but the power? hmmm

Airborne!

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 11:32 AM

That is definately a deliberate rearrangement of pictures to make a big picture (or start to make a big picture). I like how Dan's face is in the middle box. Oohhh..you can spell logos with the pictures, but maybe that's unintentional. Ahhhh. I get it. It says 3g (perhaps 3gs). Clever!

An easter egg hunt sounds great! And yes, something should happen with that button!

Seeing BDAG on the iphone is pretty cool!

Posts 2983
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 12:14 PM

So how do we take the VP of marketing up on that table tennis game? I think I might have a shot at the $500.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2009 5:11 AM

Jacob Hantla:

So how do we take the VP of marketing up on that table tennis game? I think I might have a shot at the $500.

He should go on tour!

Regarding the power button: Clever Cool, yet not satisfying the desire for additional information Tongue Tied.

Posts 76
Philip Gurgel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2009 5:50 AM

Does the MacWorld 2010 screen shot suggest that this won't be released until then?

If that is the case, then we are looking at February 9-13th for a release date.  I don't know if I can wait that long!  Considering they have screen shots of all of these things, you wouldn't think it would take them all the way until February to get this done.

Getting a logos ipod touch app has been something I've hoped for since purchasing the device. 

I noticed too, they blur it out on a few screens (all of the ones featuring James 1) that there will note file icons at the start of verses that have notes attached to them.  Awesome stuff!

I just hope there is a way of simply looking up a Greek/Hebrew word in the lexicons, because that is where Olive Tree's app disappoints.

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2009 5:58 AM

PhilipGurgel:
I just hope there is a way of simply looking up a Greek/Hebrew word in the lexicons, because that is where Olive Tree's app disappoints.

Philip,

Take a look at the third screenshot from the bottom (just above the yellow @ sign). It's a selection from BDAG. So it looks like looking up words in lexicons should be pretty straightforward!

Posts 76
Philip Gurgel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:14 AM

One additional thing I would love for it to have is the Lectionary viewer.  It would be awesome to be able to know the readings for the next Sunday at a glance. 

I noticed the BDAG picture, the only question is how well it will work when going back and forth between the Greek/Hebrew text and the lexicon.

Edit:  Just noticed that it had this in one of the pictures (how on earth did I miss that the first time :-P)

Page 5 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS