Angels unaware?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 29 2010 3:11 PM

Peaked curiosity is a key to learning.  Let an appeal go out to follow forum guidelines.  Be courteous.  Newbies see if a tutorial or wiki answers your question first.  Search the forum to see if the issue has came up previously.  Sometimes you can feel the exasperation in the air when someone could have easily found the answer themselves.  (I am a newbie also, and previous guilt made me write this).

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 3:53 PM

Jerry Mclean:

Peaked curiosity is a key to learning.  Let an appeal go out to follow forum guidelines.  Be courteous.  Newbies see if a tutorial or wiki answers your question first.  Search the forum to see if the issue has came up previously.  Sometimes you can feel the exasperation in the air when someone could have easily found the answer themselves.  (I am a newbie also, and previous guilt made me write this).

Yes, it's nice when people do this, but not all know how, and the searching protocols built into this forum software are not up to standards.

So searching is best done through an independent search engine (like Google). So if I wanted to search for an answer to a question about the Passage Guide I might enter my search (in Google, e.g.) this way: "passage guide" site:community.logos.com

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3003
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 4:11 PM

Thank, Jerry. But at the same time, if after a quick look (searching doesn't work real well, I recommend searching using google and search there with the following text included in the search: site:community.logos.com) you don't  find the answer, please feel free to ask the question. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS