Fuzzy search not working on M1 Mac mini

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Willie Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 29 2022 6:26 PM

Is anyone else having problems with failed searched on the 9.13 update? I don't get a Fuzzy Bible search opening and it doesn't look like my other resources are being properly searched.

Posts 5908
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2022 12:20 AM

Greetings Willie

Welcome to the forum here you will find fellow users willing, and some able, to help with your use of the program.

This is a case where a screenshot of a dodgy search may help us identify the problem. Please use the paperclip or the orange thing in the toolbar to attach to a post in this thread.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 344
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2022 4:42 AM

I am on a MacBook Pro M1 Pro with Verbum, but it works for me. Be sure you have set it to "Everything". Can you duplicate this search?

Posts 27903
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2022 3:15 PM

Pater Noster:
it works for me. Be sure you have set it to "Everything". Can you duplicate this search?

It should also work from a Bible Search.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3
Willie Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 1 2022 7:00 PM

Thanks everyone. I made an error with my first post, so please let me clarify. I set up a custom guide to allow me to search my library using my tags and collections. The output from my M1 MacBook Air gives me nice results which I am posting below:

In this search of John 1:1, all of the collections and tags resources give hits.

When I use the same guide on my Mac mini the results are completely different. See below:

See how there are no hits under the same collections. I looked at the settings on both machines and I cannot see any differences. Of course, the libraries are exactly the same and so is the guide. 

I welcome any help that I can get from the community.

Thanks in advance! 

Posts 27903
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 1 2022 9:24 PM

Willie Davis:
Thanks everyone. I made an error with my first post, so please let me clarify. I set up a custom guide to allow me to search my library using my tags and collections. The output from my M1 MacBook Air gives me nice results which I am posting below:

The  Mac Mini may have fewer resources on the device. In the Library sidebar, check for Devices > This device and see if they match the MacBook.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 27903
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 2 2022 5:23 AM

Dave Hooton:
The  Mac Mini may have fewer resources on the device. In the Library sidebar, check for Devices > This device and see if they match the MacBook.

Alternatively, check the composition of the collections/tags in the Guide and see if they match.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3
Willie Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 2 2022 6:22 AM

Thanks Dave.

I checked the number of resources on each device and they match. The labels are also exactly the same.

Willie

Posts 27903
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 2 2022 4:59 PM

Include the Collections in a standard Passage Guide and compare results.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS