Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 35 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6136
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2022 12:37 PM

MJ. Smith:

SineNomine:
You hate what?

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & not waste others' time. Thanks!

I usually do - the use of click bait was deliberate this time -- part of my intentional discourse (analysis) synthesis. But I get your point.

Thank you. And I would like to make it clear that my current signature, "Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & not waste others' time. Thanks!" antedated my post above and is rather broadly aimed. I've found myself struggling not to post quite a lot of "Please stop using clickbait titles" posts in many, many threads over quite a long time, so I've decided to try a more passive campaign by putting the message in my signature for awhile. Now I have evidence that people are noticing. Smile

For the record--and you already know this--I rather dislike the intended "it" too.

“The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.” St. Peter of Alcántara

Posts 722
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2022 3:37 PM

MJ. Smith:

I already have brought the issue to the attention of FL and added a suggestion to Feedbear

I looked at Feedbear but couldn't see the link. Would you share it here please?

Posts 36384
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2022 5:57 PM

Tweaks to the GO box drop down list | Faithlife

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28019
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2022 9:18 PM

MJ. Smith:
I type into the command box "Open NRSV to Acts 22:3", hit enter, and Logos opens Factbook to Open Road Integrated Media

I must have trained mine for resources. Provided the "to" is included, the bible is presented before Factbook; which I tend to access directly.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1589
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2022 8:28 AM

Dave Hooton:

MJ. Smith:
I type into the command box "Open NRSV to Acts 22:3", hit enter, and Logos opens Factbook to Open Road Integrated Media

I must have trained mine for resources. Provided the "to" is included, the bible is presented before Factbook; which I tend to access directly.

But how do you train it?

I've never used the command box with the intention of opening the Factbook... in fact, I rarely (borderline never) use/select/open the Factbook from any source/location.  But using the command box as MJ noted (and using "to" as part of the command) still opens the Factbook!

I don't understand why.  Confused

Posts 12642
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2022 8:38 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

Dave Hooton:

MJ. Smith:

But how do you train it?

You wait until the options show, then select the one you want (e.g. opening a bible rather than the factbook) and execute it. Do this consistently - which means at least five times in a row - and the menu will learn that you prefer the resource over factbook. So is it in my installation, when entering the string by MJ, opening the NRSV is the top choice for me.   

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 3108
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2022 8:55 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
I've never used the command box with the intention of opening the Factbook... in fact, I rarely (borderline never) use/select/open the Factbook from any source/location.  But using the command box as MJ noted (and using "to" as part of the command) still opens the Factbook!

It is the groups which are ordered based on recent usage, not the individual entries. That means if you recently have tended to use the command box to open tools, then the "Tools" group will be first. If you have tended to open resources, then the "Resources" group will be at the top.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 1275
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2022 10:09 AM

Andrew Batishko:

It is the groups which are ordered based on recent usage, not the individual entries. That means if you recently have tended to use the command box to open tools, then the "Tools" group will be first. If you have tended to open resources, then the "Resources" group will be at the top.

Appreciate your reply....

Sooo... how can we go thru the "act of Congress" to get that changed? Personally, I don't want Factbook to ever come up first...  If I want Factbook...I would like only to have to choose Factbook itself... because I use "Tools" a lot for other functions... i.e. Personal Books....

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero! He only uses an abacus with 14 rows!

Posts 3108
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2022 11:05 AM

xnman:
Sooo... how can we go thru the "act of Congress" to get that changed?

My best recommendation would be to vote on appropriate suggestions on the feedback site.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 1275
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2022 3:48 PM

Andrew Batishko:

xnman:
Sooo... how can we go thru the "act of Congress" to get that changed?

My best recommendation would be to vote on appropriate suggestions on the feedback site.

So it is written, so shall it be done!

Thanks.

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 1589
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 7 2022 6:47 AM

Andrew Batishko:

Rick Ausdahl:

Thank you, Andrew.  I always appreciate when you reply in these threads.

But I'm wondering if there's more to it than that.

This morning I opened "Tools" (something I rarely do) and observed that of all the tools listed, Highlights and Notes are the tools I use the vast majority of the time.  I don't open "Tools" to get to the Factbook, and I always have Factbook turned off in my layouts.  So I still don't understand why running MJ's command causes Factbook to be the tool Logos chooses to open.

Also this morning, I used the command box five times to run the command, "open the nrsv to" followed each time by a passage reference chosen at random.  The first two passages were in Acts, and Logos opened the NRSV to the requested passages both times.  The third passage was in Genesis, and again, Logos opened the NRSV to the requested passage.  The last two passages were in Revelation, but in both of these cases, Logos opened the Factbook rather than opening the NRSV to the requested passages.  ConfusedTongue TiedConfused 

Posts 1275
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 7 2022 8:07 AM

Vote Please to stop Factbook from opening automatically in the Go Command Box unless Factbook is so specified!

Vote here "STOP FACTBOOK"

To me, Factbook is another example of "Make Word Interruptus" in that it pops up and I have to clear it out of the way and then go on... Geeked

Posts 28019
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 8 2022 2:28 PM

xnman:

Vote Please to stop Factbook from opening automatically in the Go Command Box unless Factbook is so specified!

To me, Factbook is another example of "Make Word Interruptus" in that it pops up and I have to clear it out of the way and then go on... Geeked

This has merit as the Factbook suggestions are useless to my intent in using the GO Box, and there is a Factbook icon right next to the GO Box! But you may have missed MJ's suggestion earlier in this thread which would demote Factbook suggestions.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1275
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 8 2022 8:33 PM

Yep.... You're right again Dave!

Posts 1589
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 8 2022 8:45 PM

Dave Hooton:

xnman:

This has merit as the Factbook suggestions are useless to my intent in using the GO Box, and there is a Factbook icon right next to the GO Box! But you may have missed MJ's suggestion earlier in this thread which would demote Factbook suggestions.

Thanks Dave!  As the thread progressed, I forgot she noted the suggestion.  I voted for it now.

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS