Subscription program for additional volumes to sets

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Nathaniel Porter | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 29 2009 11:49 AM

It is common for print publishers of commentaries, author's work sets, etc. to offer subscription programs that give a discount to those who sign up to automatically receive each new volume when it is released.  I know, for exampe, that Augsburg Fortress has this with Hermeneia commentaries and Concordia has announced this for the additional 20 volumes of Luther that are forthcoming.

Rather than waiting until a few more volumes are all put together and ready to go, then releasing a somewhat random-seeming upgrade set for Logos, as has been done particularly with commentaries, it would make more sense to start work on each as the source material becomes available and release it on a subscription basis using a system similar to prepubs.  Or am I completely off-base?

Posts 2837
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2009 12:16 PM

NathanielPorter:

It is common for print publishers of commentaries, author's work sets, etc. to offer subscription programs that give a discount to those who sign up to automatically receive each new volume when it is released.  I know, for exampe, that Augsburg Fortress has this with Hermeneia commentaries and Concordia has announced this for the additional 20 volumes of Luther that are forthcoming.

Rather than waiting until a few more volumes are all put together and ready to go, then releasing a somewhat random-seeming upgrade set for Logos, as has been done particularly with commentaries, it would make more sense to start work on each as the source material becomes available and release it on a subscription basis using a system similar to prepubs.  Or am I completely off-base?

Good idea, i am with you on this. I think it should be considered.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2009 12:48 PM

Looks like a good idea, especially for the commentaries. The problem is, will Logos always know they will get the rights to produce those additional titles. I think somebody from Logos once said it is usual procedure. However, if the price would be the same as pre-pub, it would not make much sense, or would it?

Bohuslav

Posts 17
Nathaniel Porter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2009 12:56 PM

If they signed a contract, they would know if they had the rights.  And even if the price was the same as a prepub, this might get the resources out quicker and maybe even encourage publishers to start building their Logos libraries earlier on some sets.  Since there's very little need for physical CDs these days for most users, it wouldn't even run into shipping costs issues.

Posts 67
Aaron Kesson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2009 1:12 PM

I know that I would like to see this happen as well.  I have wondered about this when I purchased the WBC as there are still some volumes being created as far as I know.

Grace and Peace,

-Rev. Aaron Kesson

http://www.aaronkesson.com

Posts 97
Al | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2009 12:02 PM

Sounds like a winning idea to me.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS