Home Page - odd...

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 30 2010 4:22 AM

This morning it appears there is not enough "news" to fill up a 1920 x 1200 display for the Logos 4 Home Page. I even hit F5 about 10x, once or twice there was more than a page but it's about 2/3 of the page the rest of the time. Logos must have taken down a bunch of articles or something?

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 6:16 AM

I saw the same thing around the time you posted this.  Must have been a burp on the server.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 6:39 AM

glad to know I'm not the only one, thought I was going crazy

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 131
Tim Farley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 6:43 AM

I actually noticed this late last night and searched the forums to see if there was any information.  I thought something was up with my settings or Internet connection.  Glad to see that I am not the only one experiencing this.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 7:00 AM

LaRosa Johnson:
glad to know I'm not the only one, thought I was going crazy

That is a tangential issue LaRosa Wink.

I saw another post referencing something wrong with the RSS feeds, which is what the Home page uses to populate.  Something must be flaky with the RSS server.

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 7:00 AM

Big burp - my home page is only composed of local stuff:  Book excerpts, devotionals, images, etc.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 11:31 AM

Dominick Sela:
there is not enough "news" to fill up a 1920 x 1200 display

Has anyone tried this?

A full sized screen (1920 x 1200) gives me some devotionals, one exerpt and a book of the day and a lot of white space (all on one page).

A reduced size screen (now spreads content over 3 pages) but includes a photo and a line drawing. It is almost an entirely different home page!

But If I "stretch" that smaller screen I am able to keep the photo and line drawing.

Variety?

BUG?

Regards, SteveF

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2010 7:14 AM

Steve,

Changing my resolution, switching monitors, etc.  Does nothing to change this behavior, it's surely on Logos' side (Or somewhere between Logos and I through the Internet.)

The fact that you have different content when you change the screen doesn't surprise me since it's randomly generated, you just triggered a refresh when you moved it and got different stuff.

What's getting me is the inconsistency of it.  Sometimes I get an article or two, sometimes I don't.

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2010 7:40 AM

Thomas Black:
What's getting me is the inconsistency of it.  Sometimes I get an article or two, sometimes I don't.

Thomas - I am getting no articles from LOGOS, only local content.  Are you occasionally getting LOGOS articles?

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2010 8:13 AM

Floyd Johnson:

Thomas - I am getting no articles from LOGOS, only local content.  Are you occasionally getting LOGOS articles?

I was (rarely)  yesterday, but not at all today no matter how many times I hit F5.  I think their server is offline.

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2010 9:47 AM

Thanks - I created a BUG report, just in case they had not picked up on this thread.  At this point LOGOS has not commented on the problem.

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2010 7:19 PM

Thomas Black:
I am getting no articles from LOGOS

[yes, I do agree that at no time has there been any "Logos" headquaters related materials, rather just "stuff" available from my own hard drive.]

The point I was trying to make (and yes, I agree with you that things are randomly generated) is that a "full" screen brings up only "my" execrpts but NONE that are "graphical."

But minimizing and then "stretching" so the screen is not quite fully covered then produces graphic content.

NOTE:

There IS much, much room there for graphic content on when the "full" screen is used yet none is displaying. This is what I think is strange. WHY none on a large and quite empty display area?

Yet some graphic content does appear on the "smaller" sized window? If anything, I would have thought that it would work in the opposite way?

Fortunately, I do not depend on the Home Page nor do I automatically load it. But with its present "strange" behaviour, I have even less reason to look at it!

Regards, SteveF

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 7:52 AM

It looks like things are back to normal Smile.

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 7:55 AM

SteveF:

The point I was trying to make (and yes, I agree with you that things are randomly generated) is that a "full" screen brings up only "my" execrpts but NONE that are "graphical."

But minimizing and then "stretching" so the screen is not quite fully covered then produces graphic content.

I've moved Logos through several "Stretching exercises" but I'm not seeing problems with graphic content.  I have no idea what to add.  Huh?

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 7:56 AM

Floyd Johnson:

Hmm.  I'm still not seeing any Logos server content.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 7:58 AM

Thomas Black:

Floyd Johnson:

Hmm.  I'm still not seeing any Logos server content.

I'm not either. I think it may be a Beta issue because it works fine in 4.0d I posted a report on the Beta forum

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 8:06 AM

Fred Chapman:
I'm not either. I think it may be a Beta issue because it works fine in 4.0d I posted a report on the Beta forum

I had the issue over the weekend - but not now (just checked again).  The new page includes an article by Morris Proctor on viewing Bible Maps.  I am not running the Beta regularly - I do have a separate login on which I have it installed, but not for regular use.

Strange.

Blessings,
Floyd

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS