Working With Sermon Archives

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 956
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 9 2022 8:31 AM

I have created a notebook for my sermon archives. In each note I have 2 anchors. The first is the an anchor to the respective sermon archive collection and the second anchor is to the scripture reference.

In the notes section of the note: The first line is the title (Author followed by the word Sermons). The second line is the name of the series if there is one. The third line is the scripture. The fourth line is a link to the audio or video. And the last line is the date when the sermon was preached. I use a specific icon to represent audio/video messages.

Because I am using the scripture as an anchor when I am reading my Bible I can hover over the anchors and see what sermons I have on that particular passage and then open the note and read the sermon while I listen to it or watch it.

I have begun with John Piper's series on The Gospel of John. I am wondering if anyone else has done something similar. Do you have any suggestions to make this more effective?

Posts 36311
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2022 6:12 PM

weekly bump for attention 1

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2022 4:21 AM

Great suggestion!!  Thanks for suggesting it! 

I have thought that Sermon Manager is under used and maybe this a way to improve it?? How about the the "Passages" in Sermon Manager be used along for the same thing?  So that the Passage, in SM, would act like an anchor and we could have icons (i.e. "S") to determine it from Notes...???

Then maybe click on the "S"  when it appears by a verse in my Bible.... and go to Sermon Manager...??  Then I could sort by Passages... and see all the sermons I have on that Passage....

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 36311
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2022 2:48 PM

please put your suggestion on Feedbear and add a link in this thread https://feedback.faithlife.com/ 

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2022 9:14 AM

Michael Kinch ----  since it was your idea originally....  if you'll put it on Feedbear... I'll vote for it...

It is a great suggestion.... IMHO

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 956
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2022 9:22 AM

xnman:

Michael Kinch ----  since it was your idea originally....  if you'll put it on Feedbear... I'll vote for it...

It is a great suggestion.... IMHO

Thanks. Here is the link Link Sermon Texts to Passage in Bibles | Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS