Forbidden Access

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1560
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 13 2022 8:41 PM

Is anyone else having an issue following the reference links in the Oxford Handbook on Catholic Theology? 

"The latter letter exhorted the nurturing and preservation of the Eastern Catholic Churches and of their heritage and guarded against attempts at latinization. Despite such positive progress, Pope Pius X’s apostolic letter Ea semper (1907), on Eastern Catholics in the diaspora, caused significant dissatisfaction among Eastern Catholics since it made Eastern Catholic bishops auxiliaries of Roman Catholic bishops, denied priests the right to chrismate (confirm) their own faithful, and imposed clerical celibacy. This caused a number of Eastern Catholic faithful and churches to break communion with Rome, and enter into communion with the Orthodox Church (for a history of this in North America see Fitzgerald 1995)."

Ea semper 14 June 1907. An apostolic letter regarding the governance of Ruthenian and Greek Catholics in the US. It was perceived as overly subordinating the Greek rite to the Latin. Available at <https://w2.vatican.va/content/pius-x/la/apost_letters/documents/hf_p-x_apl_19070614_ea-semper-fuit.html>
Skira, Jaroslav Z. “Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy.”

The Oxford Handbook of Catholic Theology. Ed. Lewis Ayres and Medi Ann Volpe. First Edition. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press, 2019. 921–922. Print. Oxford Handbooks.

Posts 35772
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2022 9:08 PM

Yes, I can replicate your forbidden Access. Copy & Paste the link and it opens fine.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1560
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2022 9:29 PM

Thanks... I did not think to try copy and paste

Posts 1784
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2022 12:52 PM

Hi Blair

I'm not able to reproduce this behavior on my end. Out of curiosity: what browser are you using? Are you on a PC or a Mac? Are you using the desktop application or the web app?

Posts 35772
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2022 2:44 PM

My replication was Win 11 laptop i.e. desktop app with Edge browser (don't ask why).

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS