Are Faithlife Revenues Declining? Skip this Post of Course

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1312
DMB | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 14 2022 8:51 AM

I only ask, with the desperation attending use of Logos.com.

This morning, a search for Historia Monachorum on the web revealed everyone except Logos.com.

So, I queried Logos, and was met with a barage of full-on popups. "YOU WILL VIEW OUR SALE!!!"

Actually, I don't know that ... on my browser, it's just one big white space.

But thinking, well, ok, get rid of it, I typed in my desert fathers search, only to be presented with it again.

YOU WILL TAKE A LOOK AT OUR SALE!!

So, yes, Faithlife ... patience needed. I swatted it away again.

Only to get the next one (that big white spot, lower-right).

I'm guessing revenues are a problem.

But for the curious, at a Kindle price of $144:

https://www.amazon.com/Greek-Historia-Monachorum-Aegypto-Hagiography-ebook/dp/B01FKJDHFK 

Posts 30536
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2022 9:10 AM

which device / browser?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1312
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2022 9:22 AM

JT (alabama24):

which device / browser?

IOS and iCab set to no images. But I notice the key to the implication of marketing desperation seems to be 'logged in'. They calm down, after they know you're part of the family.

But over the years, I've never understood why web marketing think they can anger customers in a positive way. Actually I threw in the towel with Logos.com, and went back to Amazon (whose revenues are indeed down ... I'll help them out).

Posts 30536
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2022 11:00 AM

DMB:
I notice the key to the implication of marketing desperation seems to be 'logged in'. They calm down, after they know you're part of the family.

Yes

DMB:
I've never understood why web marketing think they can anger customers in a positive way.

YesYesYes Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 35827
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2022 2:42 PM

You were looking for Inquiry about the Monks in Egypt (Fathers of the Church) | Logos Bible Software?

Also check out Monastica - New Edu (lu.se)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1312
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2022 4:41 PM

MJ. Smith:

Thank you ... I wonder why my search didn't pick up the FOTC volume ... usually they search more than I want.

Posts 5972
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2022 1:06 PM

DMB:

So, I queried Logos, and was met with a barage of full-on popups. "YOU WILL VIEW OUR SALE!!!"

Actually, I don't know that ... on my browser, it's just one big white space.

The search used here appears to be "feature set". Historia Monachorum would have gotten you a different result.

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & save others time. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS