Same layout across devices?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Jeff Kinzli | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 15 2022 3:35 PM

Hi, I just started using Logos, so this may be a stupid question, and if so, please forgive me...

My "main" reading of Logos is on a Macbook Pro. My secondary is on an iPad, and third on an iPhone.

I get everything set up in the layout I want, ESV Bible on right in large window, and about 6 other commentaries and other windows open on the left pane. Everything functions nicely until I move to another device - that next device has apparently no knowledge of the layout of the first.

I saw "Layout" as a pane on the Dashboard, but it doesn't seem to do as I'd expect.

I think it would be great if I could say "Save my current layout", and then pick that layout up on each subsequent login/device.

I've looked high and low and can't seem to find a way to do this, but I have to believe that as advanced as Logos is, it *must* be there. 

Thank you,

Jeff

Posts 1443
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2022 4:28 PM

Hi Jeff, and welcome.  No stupid questions ... others often wonder too.

As you guessed, the mobiles and the desktop don't share layouts ... they use completely different strategies optimal to their platforms.

On the mobiles you can share layouts across mobiles (eg iphone, ipad, etc), and across the various mobile apps too (Logos, Biblia, Verbum, etc).  You click on the 'tab' button (center bottom) to see your displayed resources.  Then the layout button is the bottom left (save, load, etc).

Posts 5
Jeff Kinzli | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2022 4:30 PM

thank you, I understand, appreciate the quick response!

Posts 27981
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2022 1:38 AM

Jeff Kinzli:
I think it would be great if I could say "Save my current layout", and then pick that layout up on each subsequent login/device.

You can pick up a layout on subsequent login to your desktop app. In Tools > Program Settings, choose At Startup Open to as below:

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 5
Jeff Kinzli | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2022 9:53 AM

Thanks Dave, yep, found that. Appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS