Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 373
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 17 2022 11:10 AM

What would be the quickest way that I can locate grammar information on a particular Greek construction. I know that on the the context menu that it has a the @morphology information and then when I hover over it, and the next menu comes it shows a menu but it does not show any grammar works to search. Will Logos not do that, the way that it will do with Greek words (you can hover over a Greek word, right click and hover over the lemma, and select and another menu will come up with some choices of lexicons to search)? I have also created a collection for Grammars, so that is done. But it seems that I search and search for information on that Grammatical construction and never really find anything. I search in a particular reference works Scripture or Subject index for information, but it seems to me that there has to be a faster way to get that information. any assistance would be appreciated. 

Posts 1312
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2022 11:53 AM

Probably a better way, but I just use a connected CitedBy hooked to my favorite grammars.  I assume passage guide has something similar?

Posts 373
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2022 12:02 PM

DMB:

Probably a better way, but I just use a connected CitedBy hooked to my favorite grammars.  I assume passage guide has something similar?

Please explain...

Posts 1312
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2022 12:21 PM

Sorry!

- Like you, I have a collection of grammars, which often discuss specific verse constructions

- I keep a CitedBy tool open, linked to my greek Text; in the CitedBy's specification box, I specify my grammar collection

I don't use guides, but I'm guessing the passage guides have a similar capability.

Posts 2234
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2022 12:58 PM

Exegetical Guide had grammar information related to the passage you are studying. 

Posts 373
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2022 6:44 PM

DMB:

Sorry!

- Like you, I have a collection of grammars, which often discuss specific verse constructions

- I keep a CitedBy tool open, linked to my greek Text; in the CitedBy's specification box, I specify my grammar collection

I don't use guides, but I'm guessing the passage guides have a similar capability.

Thanks for your help

Posts 373
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2022 6:44 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Exegetical Guide had grammar information related to the passage you are studying. 

Thanks for your help

Posts 1471
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2022 2:04 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
What would be the quickest way that I can locate grammar information on a particular Greek construction.

Have you tried Factbook?

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 642
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2022 10:43 AM

Never knew this existed. Thanks for pointing that out Rick! 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS