How would you improve our search helps?

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 43 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6057
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2022 10:03 AM

PL:
Wolfgang, I think "Library Search" is a much better name than "Basic Search" or "General Search"!

Library search is a search of one's Library using the Library pane.

"God commands you to pray, but He forbids you to worry." - The Curé d'Ars.

Posts 6057
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2022 1:20 PM

PL:
Mark and MJ, thanks explaining the difference between AND and INTERSECTS. Now I understand (I think). Maybe it's just the very technical/mathematical-sounding name of INTERSECTS that put me off from trying it since it was introduced. Maybe something like ALSO might be a more user-friendly term? But obviously it's too late to change that after so many years in use.

Would you prefer OVERLAPS?

Posts 1206
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2022 7:36 AM

Well... for what it's worth....   I actually used search today and actually found what I was looking for...   Maybe there's hope for me yet...

Call me novice... unlearned... whatever.... But... I still don't think I should have to "take classes in hieroglyphics" to do a search in Logos... As I have stated... I want to study my Bible and I want a search to help me do that.... I don't want to have to "study" search each time I go to use it or do a different kind of search ... because that changes my focus to learning search instead of Bible study... search should be something that helps.... not slows me down... I just don't see that happening a lot with the current search in Logos.

I think there have been some good suggestions in this thread.... I do pray Faithlife will consider them and I have every confidence that they will.....  and ... I look forward to a better search in Logos.     

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 6057
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2022 11:37 AM

xnman:
Well... for what it's worth....   I actually used search today and actually found what I was looking for...   Maybe there's hope for me yet...
YesYes

xnman:
I don't want to have to "study" search each time I go to use it or do a different kind of search ... because that changes my focus to learning search instead of Bible study... search should be something that helps.... not slows me down... I just don't see that happening a lot with the current search in Logos.

I get that. With some things we do, we expect (and perhaps want) to have to learn how to do them well, but other things, we want to be nice and simple--like using a microwave to reheat leftovers.

xnman:
I look forward to a better search in Logos.   

Me too.

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS