CBL on Sale

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9024
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 16 2022 11:21 PM

The CBL is on sale for those interested in it: https://www.logos.com/complete-biblical-library 

I really hope it gets included in a base package in L10, as the quality has been surpassed by newer scholarship.  IMHO $299 would’ve been a better price.

DAL

Posts 3433
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2022 6:38 AM

DAL:

The CBL is on sale for those interested in it: https://www.logos.com/complete-biblical-library 

I really hope it gets included in a base package in L10, as the quality has been surpassed by newer scholarship.  IMHO $299 would’ve been a better price.

DAL

I'm glad you featured this title as I question its importance in Logos. Its specialties are purported to be a Word by Word feature and a harmony as well as other helpful features. But, I and I suspect others already have resources that make these features redundant, especially with the features found in Logos. Can you tell me why I should consider spending $400 on this resource?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 9024
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2022 6:55 AM

I don’t think any body should spend $400 on this resource! Too old and Logos already offers better features that surpass it.  The dictionary is the only thing I’m interested in at this point (but too expensive also); and that’s because I own the other dictionaries and lexicons that link to it.  
I own my CBL in Accordance and the study Bible/“commentary” is too basic.  It would be better to just include it in a bronze package or even a starter package to help new converts.  I advertised it because many were wanting to buy it at a cheaper price than the regular price.  The current sale beats the $700 prepub price.  Good resource, but honestly way overpriced at the regular price.  WORDsearch used to sell the entire set for $299.

DAL

Posts 3433
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2022 9:16 AM

Thank you, DAL this confirms my impression.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 9024
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 1:40 AM

Beloved Amodeo:

I’m not pentecostal, but I had a dream that the CBL will be included in the Pentecostal/Charismatic Base Package — Silver and above.  Wouldn’t that be great! It will definitely boost the sales on those base packages! I hope my dream comes true 😁 For what it offers, there’s no point in selling it so expensive and not selling as many copies. 

DAL

Posts 3433
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 9:35 AM

DAL:

Beloved Amodeo:

I’m not pentecostal, but I had a dream that the CBL will be included in the Pentecostal/Charismatic Base Package — Silver and above.  Wouldn’t that be great! It will definitely boost the sales on those base packages! I hope my dream comes true 😁 For what it offers, there’s no point in selling it so expensive and not selling as many copies. 

DAL

For me for what it offers, the price point would have to be around $99.99. I don't have a general interest in Base Packages any more.

Posts 9024
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 2:18 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

DAL:

Beloved Amodeo:

DAL

For me for what it offers, the price point would have to be around $99.99. I don't have a general interest in Base Packages any more.

I agree! For those of us with large libraries $99 would be the right price 👍😁👌

Posts 739
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 10:56 PM

DAL:

Beloved Amodeo:

DAL:

Beloved Amodeo:

DAL

I agree! For those of us with large libraries $99 would be the right price 👍😁👌

Agreed!

Posts 9024
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2022 1:26 PM

Well, with a late present I‘ll be receiving, I virtually got the collection for half the sale price! I don’t feel so bad anymore since $199 is better than $399!

Last I checked, the CBL is still on sale as of 6/25/2022 — 4:25pm EST — so if anyone still wants to go for it and give it a test drive, you still have time!

DAL

Posts 739
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2022 11:39 PM

DAL:

Well, with a late present I‘ll be receiving, I virtually got the collection for half the sale price! I don’t feel so bad anymore since $199 is better than $399!

Last I checked, the CBL is still on sale as of 6/25/2022 — 4:25pm EST — so if anyone still wants to go for it and give it a test drive, you still have time!

DAL

DAL, can you tell us more about this "late present," and if there is any chance any of the rest of us might be able to receive it as well? 

Posts 9024
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 1:39 AM

Brad:

DAL:

DAL

DAL, can you tell us more about this "late present," and if there is any chance any of the rest of us might be able to receive it as well? 

Unfortunately, the present was from my step-daughter, so no chance the rest of you might be able to receive it 😂 I must say, having CBL‘s interlinear fully functional with the CBL OL dictionaries is awesome! This was a turn off using CBL in Accordance because all the lexicons linked to CBL are in my Logos library not Accordance.  Now problem has been solved and I’m really liking them 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 3433
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 6:28 PM

DAL:
I must say, having CBL‘s interlinear fully functional with the CBL OL dictionaries is awesome!
Would you be willing to post a short video of this feature in action; preferably with the Greek?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS