Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3936
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 21 2022 12:38 PM

To change Logos 9 to the beta channel, enter the command Set update channel to beta in the Go Box. (Please see beta warnings and risks.)

To immediately update Logos 9 (if it is already set to beta channel), enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Mac

Windows

Posts 45
Marco Ceccarelli | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2022 11:32 PM

Hello.

After this last upgrade there are still two problems.

First: Four hours time to complete my Logos indexing

Second and MOST IMPORTANT: Search function doesn't work AT ALL. Search panels don't work; in context menu search section daoesn't show up; in Bible word study no search field is working; etc. etc.

Posts 36083
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2022 11:59 PM

Some unsolicited advice: (a) it is better to start a new thread in the beta forum rather than adding to the release announcement. (b) I need some sense of how large your library is if I am able to put 4 hours in perspective. For a full index of my entire library, that would not be excessive (c) it is clear that your library is not correctly indexed - bad indexes result in garbage/non-existent search. However, without logs I cannot guess what kind of failure you are encountering. My first guess would be storage going bad ... but that depends on the hardware and operating system which I do not know. My second guess would be a corrupt file which could be identified with the help of the logs.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 45
Marco Ceccarelli | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 2:43 AM

My library is the same of one week ago before my Logos downloded .15 Beta 1 update. The problem is there also with Beta 2 downloaded. I did not create the problem. Before my Logos was ok and now I cannot use it. Do your best.

Posts 326
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 3:44 AM

Marco Ceccarelli:
Do your best.

Seriously?

Posts 36083
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 10:52 AM

Marco Ceccarelli:
Do your best.

Hmm ...My best in this situation is to say, I can't help you. Sorry.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS