Indexer and searching don't work

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 45
Marco Ceccarelli | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 22 2022 2:33 AM

Hello.

Since I updated to Logos 9.15 Beta 1 my Logos Indexer gets stuck. After having update to Beta 2 the Indexer still gets stuck.
The worst problem is that no search function works anymore. Search panels don't work; in context menu search section doesn't show up; in Bible word study no search field is working; etc. etc. For me no searching, no working. And it's a week that I am like this.

Marco Ceccarelli

Posts 3947
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 5:26 PM

Hi Marco,

I'm sorry you are having difficulties. I'm asking the team to take a look at your logs because I'm unable to reproduce any such issues. I can search and use the context menu.

Posts 19714
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 6:16 PM

Hi Marco,

Try typing "rebuild index" in the Go box. That will take a long time, since it's rebuilding everything, not just incremental. If that doesn't work, try deleting the entire folder D:\Program files (x86)\Logos\Data\dzqlaflb.iil\LibraryIndex and restarting Logos while holding down the Ctrl key (or Command if you're on a Mac).

Posts 3106
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2022 6:49 AM

Beta 1 had a problem with the indexer crashing which was fixed in Beta 2 (which was released Tuesday).

Your log files indicate that your system is currently in the middle of indexing. You need to wait until that finishes and then searching should work correctly.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS