BUG: Crash ... a failure after internet failure

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 36393
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 29 2022 9:10 AM

This is more of an FYI than a crash report. Verbum 9 beta was indexing when my internet went down - everything out for more than an hour. When I went to open Verbum 9 this morning, the installation was corrupted. Generally, an internet outage shouldn't trash the application.

629crash.zip

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3947
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 12:13 PM

MJ. Smith:

This is more of an FYI than a crash report. Verbum 9 beta was indexing when my internet went down - everything out for more than an hour. When I went to open Verbum 9 this morning, the installation was corrupted. Generally, an internet outage shouldn't trash the application.

629crash.zip

MJ,

Does repairing the installation solve the problem?

Posts 36393
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 12:21 PM

No - I ended up reinstalling as there appeared to be corrupt resource files - I tried removing selected indexes to force reindexing which exposed resource file errors. So I went with the nuclear option.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1309
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2022 11:32 PM

MJ. Smith:

No - I ended up reinstalling as there appeared to be corrupt resource files - I tried removing selected indexes to force reindexing which exposed resource file errors. So I went with the nuclear option.

Did the reinstallation fix your issue?

Posts 36393
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 14 2022 1:21 PM

yes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS