How come this book published by Faithlife (Lexham Press) is 2.5x more expensive from FL than from that other e-book seller?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19689
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 29 2022 9:24 PM

Doesn't Faithlife have control over negotiating prices on its Lexham publications with Amazon? And on setting its own prices? Why allow them to be so vastly different?

This is a book I might like to buy, but I seriously am held back by the cost differential: $21.99 in Logos edition vs $8.49 in Kindle edition. And actually, since I'm in Canada, I'd have to buy it via the .ca website where the price is even lower, equivalent to USD $7.75.

Yes, I know Logos editions have more value, because of all the tagging in them. I'd be willing to pay a 30-40% premium for that, but not a 150% premium.

Faithlife, can't you come down on that price at all?

Theology of Mission: A Concise Biblical Theology (Logos)

Theology of Mission: A Concise Biblical Theology (Kindle)

Posts 1452
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2022 8:14 AM

It could be the ”big business“ clout Amazon holds to demand price reductions While FL doesn’t hold it?

WIN 11 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 2923
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2022 10:58 AM

Look up the standard publishing contract that Amazon provides for offering Kindle content (freely available on the web, and can be found on Google). In that document, look up who has the final word about setting the price for that content on the Kindle marketplace.

It's not without reason that I'm extremely critical about Amazon for years, independently of the fact that they tried to cheat me out of $10,000...

In short, despite of your suggestive way of asking your first question, the answer is most likely "no".

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS