A mystery: NIV 2011 missing from library

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 138
NK | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 2 2022 3:13 PM

Hi,

Wanting to have the NIV 2011 on my reader, but noticing it doesn't show up in my library (yet the NIV 1984, and TNIV do).  I realize this could be a licensing issue, but I haven't seen anything online indicating this is one of those unavailable-on-app titles.
Also:

It already shows as downloaded on my devices, yet it's not there.  

Anyone with a similar mystery?  Anyone up to some sleuthing?

Posts 2442
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2022 3:40 PM

Mine shows normally.  Are you sure you owned it?  Is it possible you had a temporary license for some reason?  Probably not, but it could be.  Have you tried on a computer?  Does is show up on app.logos.com?

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2442
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2022 3:43 PM

The plot thickens.  It shows up under a search on IOS and PC for NIV 2011, but on app.logos.com, NIV 2011 shows nothing.  I had to put in NIV and find the blue cover.  Maybe try that?

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 138
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2022 3:52 PM

Great suggestion. App.logos.com finds it.  And my license should be legit.

Strange.

My app is a new install on a new rom. So not a cache issue.  And it's an issue on two of my devices so perhaps ccount related? 

Posts 2442
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2022 3:56 PM

Now that you've found it, go back to your mobile device and type in NIV, and sort by recent.  See if it shows up as just "NIV" with a blue cover.  Make sure you clicked on it at app.logos.com.

Posts 37
JBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2022 4:03 PM

Correct. The 2011 edition just has NIV as its short name.

For God and For Neighbor

Posts 138
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2022 4:06 PM

That's it. It's CASE-SENSITIVE. Searching  NIV will find it. Searching niv will not avail much.

Thanks. I'll send this on to support and they can add it to the pile. ;)

Posts 37
JBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2022 5:05 PM

I get the same result regardless of case. In other words, the 2011 and the 1984 edition both show up for me when I to a library search using either niv or NIV.

For God and For Neighbor

Posts 138
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2022 5:06 PM

Fascinating. I'm special!!! 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS