Has the display of search results changed lately?

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 26049
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 6 2022 11:14 AM

xnman:
I am more and more coming to the conclusion that FL pre-determines what we search for... and if our "search criteria" doesn't fit one of the categories they have listed... then they choose for us what they think best fits.  

I think I understand why you are saying this but I don't believe it is the case.

I think there are issues with how dropdown menus are determined (the algorithms that are used) that result in options appearing at the top that are not the ones we want. But if we enter valid search terms the software does search for them

If we are using tagging as part of our searches then we are making use of tagging provided by Faithlife but that's a different matter.

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 6 2022 11:19 AM

Graham Criddle:

xnman:
I am more and more coming to the conclusion that FL pre-determines what we search for... and if our "search criteria" doesn't fit one of the categories they have listed... then they choose for us what they think best fits.  

I think I understand why you are saying this but I don't believe it is the case.

I think there are issues with how dropdown menus are determined (the algorithms that are used) that result in options appearing at the top that are not the ones we want. But if we enter valid search terms the software does search for them

If we are using tagging as part of our searches then we are making use of tagging provided by Faithlife but that's a different matter.

Graham... Thanks for your input... I hope you're right and I am wrong.... I still don't understand why our "searches" can't be simple.... maybe one of these days I will learn.... 

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 5
William Voelker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 6 2022 12:19 PM

Thank you all for the responses.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS