Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19
Jason B | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 2 2010 9:16 AM

I have been searching the internet all over to find a hebrew bible that has the morphology inline with the text, as I really want to put my new knowledge to work about hebrew grammer, but it is not always practical to carry my laptop everywhere, but if I had a hebrew bible with at the very least the morphology, then I would be happy.  I would be even more happy if I could find a hebrew bible that had an interlinear or reverse interlinear format, with the hebrew, gloss, transliteration would be nice, as well as morphology.  Do any of you scholars out there know of any such bible that I could use to carry to church or to bible study meetings for times when I cannot have my laptop with me?

Your suggestions and help are much appreciated! :D

Posts 19
Jason B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 9:25 AM

Also, just as an amendment to my post, I was able to find the Greek equivilent to what I want for the Hebrew here:

http://www.crossway.org/product/158134628X

Does anybody know of such a product like what is above except for the Hebrew?  Since Logos was involved with the making of this Greek volume, I would love to have their same input on a Hebrew volume like the product listed above, except paper bound.

Can anybody point me in the direction of such a resource as this? I really hope so! :D

Posts 10645
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 12:30 PM

Welcome to the Logos forums. I can't answer your resource questions, but I can give you some helpful advice. You should change your display name. Spammers troll forums like these looking for email addresses. Instructions for changing your display name are contained in the second item in my signature below.

Posts 19
Jason B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 12:51 PM

Hello Jack,

Thanks for your help in changing my display name.  I tried to figure out how to change it earlier, but didn't realize I needed to his the Save button on my preferences...I thought if I updated it in the main Logos area, it would propagate down, so your instructions worked marvelously!!! :)

Posts 10645
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 2:26 PM

Jason B:
Thanks for your help in changing my display name.

Glad I could help.

Jason B:
I have been searching the internet all over to find a hebrew bible that has the morphology inline with the text, as I really want to put my new knowledge to work about hebrew grammer

As a practical matter, this type of tool will hinder more than it will help. An interlinear of any type become a crutch that deceives the user into believing that he/she is reading the original language. In reality, your eyes/attention will be diverted to the English translation. When I took Greek in college, the use of an interlinear was an automatic fail for the semester.

The use that Logos makes of interlinears in morph searches is a different matter. If you want to learn the language, however, you should hide them.

Posts 19
Jason B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 7:00 PM

To be quite honest, I am not at the point where I am attempting to sight read/parse Hebrew, so having such a resource is just what I need, and thus for me will not be a crutch.  If I were taking language classes, I could see how your comment would very aptly apply to my situation, but mainly I am wanting to have the morphology and gloss in an easy to carry bible, so that when I don't want to take my laptop, I will still have access to the underlying grammar in the Hebrew Old Testament to be able to use to apply with the help of the videos I have been learning from, as well as a good lexicon to aid in better understanding of the word at hand beyond just the gloss word.  In short, for what I need, having the kind of bible I am looking for would be a great asset, not a hinderence. I will have no misconception that I will be "reading" the Hebrew OT, rather I just want to see how the underlying grammar is precisely rendered, which having the morphology would give me that.

Thanks for your input though, and I hope to still get some more feedback to my question... :)

Take care and God bless!

Posts 18822
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 8:10 PM

There are a couple of Hebrew interlinear Bibles (go to Amazon.com and search in Books for hebrew interlinear), but none that I know of that include the morphology. Now that printing is working in 4.1 (beta) you could print out the section of the Bible that you'll be working on in Bible study or the passage that is going to be preached on in church, complete with full inerlinear display, and bring that with you. Or wait and see if the Logos iPhone app will be developed enough to support reverse interlinears and get an iPhone. Smile

Posts 19
Jason B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 9:32 PM

Ok, thanks for the suggestions! :) I have an iTouch, but since I don't have internet at our church, Logos really is of no use to me on the iTouch for original languages use. I would love to see the reverse interlinear support for the iPhone app be enhanced so I could keep the book offline and still be able to access the morphology in a meaningful format! :P

Maybe printing will work for me when the next release comes out that supports that, but that means needing to know the passages in advance, so that may be problematic really.

On a different note, I have heard rumors that the Lexham bibles developed by Logos might be printed in paper form, so can I add my request that when they do go to press with that, that they would print the interlinear forms as well with the morphology???  I know of MANY people right now who cannot afford Logos, but would buy the bibles in a heartbeat if such a resource existed today.  I know I would pay good hard cash for such a printed resource as a backup to not having my Logos software available... ;)

I still welcome any other feedback anyone else might be able to provide... :D

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS