Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2869
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 8 2022 4:29 PM

Verbum/Mac, 9.15.004

It's a crash when I select all my titles with "Psalms" in the title:

1. Open Verbum/Mac

2. Drag library to be full screen (on a MacBook Pro)

3. Type title:Psalms (I have 403 entries)

4. Click on the first entry

5. Type Control-A to select all, then drag the cursor just a bit. I get a spinning wheel and immediate exit of the program. 

I tried "title:Jesus", which had almost twice as many entries, and it worked. Also, scrolling to the bottom and clicking with the shift key also crashed - it's not Ctrl-A specific. 

So I saw in the logs "Commentary on the Psalms from Primitive and Mediæval Writers", which is 4 volumes. So I typed that in the library, tried to select all 4 to delete, redownload, and reindex, and it crashed again. So then, I selected the 4 resources 1 at a time and removed them - and re downloaded them. I then reindexed them. From the library window, I selected all of them again and it crashed again. So something about these resources crashes the system! 

Logs attached

7752.Archive.zip

Posts 2869
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2022 11:48 AM

Posts 2869
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2022 12:51 PM

Apologies in advance but...I was hoping for a comment on the crash, not for one within an hour being upbraided for saying I was disappointed I didn't get a reply. 

Posts 30864
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2022 1:28 PM

I concur that it is frustrating not to get a response, especially when you provided detailed steps and logs! Tongue Tied

I am not sure if you were disappointed in getting no response in general (from fellow forum members) or from FL. The response you received from a fellow forum member seemed to have taken your meaning as wanting an official reply from FL. I know that the other forum member didn't intend to be snarky, even if the post appeared that way. 

In any case, your diligence in beta testing, posting bug reports, and doing your own trouble shooting is appreciated! That helps us all to have a better software experience!

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2869
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2022 1:45 PM

Thank you JT for the understanding remarks. It just comes across sometimes, but some people can be more critical than helpful. Maybe they’re just having a bad day. But I appreciate your reply. The problem was that somehow those resources had duplicate tags in them, which you we are not able to enter on your own. That crashed the system. How duplicate tags got there, I have no idea. 

Posts 3947
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2022 8:52 AM

Hi Don,

I'll investigate this.

Posts 3947
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2022 9:00 AM

Don Awalt:

Thank you JT for the understanding remarks. It just comes across sometimes, but some people can be more critical than helpful. Maybe they’re just having a bad day. But I appreciate your reply. The problem was that somehow those resources had duplicate tags in them, which you we are not able to enter on your own. That crashed the system. How duplicate tags got there, I have no idea. 

Don, 

Are you saying this is no longer crashing? I'm not able to reproduce this. I'm not even sure how you were able to get the same tag applied to a resource. Do you happen to know what the tag was?

Posts 2869
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2022 1:46 PM

I don't remember the tag, I think it was the name of the books without their Volume number. I was totally surprised to see two tags that were identical for each book, I have no idea how they got there. I highly doubt I added them. I did some testing to see if I could add a duplicate tag, and I could not. When I removed both tags and entered a new tag, the crash went away. 

Posts 3947
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2022 2:43 PM

Don Awalt:

I don't remember the tag, I think it was the name of the books without their Volume number. I was totally surprised to see two tags that were identical for each book, I have no idea how they got there. I highly doubt I added them. I did some testing to see if I could add a duplicate tag, and I could not. When I removed both tags and entered a new tag, the crash went away. 

Thanks for the update. Please let me know if you experience the crash again. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS